Sunday, September 24, 2006


Last weekend my two best friends in the whole world were here to hang out! It has been a long time coming that we three get together just us to just be. It was much needed for me! It was also very important that they get to see my first house purchase. All three of us have been through everything together. It is so amazing to be able to see how far the three of us have each come in our lives! God has truly blessed us all in different but remarkable ways. In the picture above, we hiked the Incline a long side Pike's Peak. No easy feat I tell ya, at least for me! My friend, Yvonne, from work is with us along with Rooby & Millie. Here we are taking a much needed break. Of course, Carey & Karen kicked Yvonne & my butts! They got to rest a lot waiting for us to catch up!! We had a great time getting a really good work out in the process. I am going to try & down load a pic to show how straight up this hike is: and this doesn't do it justice at all! It was a great time. At the top, Karen took the opportunity to pray for someone she knows while the rest of us reveled in the natural beauty around us. It always amazes me that so much time can pass before any of us talks to each other let alone see each other, but it is always as if we are together everyday. I love that God put me together with such amazing friends for life! The rest of the weekend fun consisted of shopping, laughing, eating, a really bad movie, and much talking about our lives. It meant so much to me that my friends recognize the changes in me & how much it means to me to be able to have bought my own house by myself. It was fun to look back at our more wild times & laugh, but more to marvel at how far we have come as people. Ok, I am blubbering a lot here...I'll stop! Anyway, thanks Carey & Karen for coming to see me & for always being there for me! As I am there for both of you!!

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

Okay, I want to know how you guys look exactly like you did in college?! You all look great and glad you had such a refreshing time. I'm proud of you for buying your house, that is awesome! Keep it up, I'm thinking of ya!

D

carey said...

Stromie

I miss you!! When are you going to come visit??
Thanks for the happy blog.
Love ya!

bobbione8y said...

hello Chris!

so neat to see you are bloggin' too! carey told me all about your house and esp. your dogs and your dream-to-be (which, btw, is one of the most awesome ideas i have ever heard of!!)

Bless you, i am glad to be able to see pics of you on the blog :)) it has been such a really long time.

bobbi

Brook said...

mmmmmm!