Saturday, May 10, 2008








Updates on my roller coaster of a life:
Monday- Sucked.....in a word. It was announced for the whole agency to hear that our jobs were going away, and everyone there had an opportunity to go for the three positions that use to be our jobs combined. It was humiliating to say the least. We didn't know the extent that the CEO would go into it. She didn't mince words, that's for sure. She basically said that the Coordinator job has grown to the extent that we are doing way too much and not enough time to do what matters. True. She then said that we hated a large portion of our jobs because of that. Untrue. She said that we were apart of the decision making process in creating the new positions. Untrue. She told the crowd that they are opening the doors to the bus now, and want the right people in the seats. We were sitting ducks, trying to not to look devastated. I can't do this day justice, not at all. I can't really describe it right. Afterwards, some people got it, they saw what was happening and that our jobs were in jeopardy, they came over and offered their sympathy. Some people would say that they were sorry for what was happening, but did I think they would be great for one of the positions?! Some people wanted to go for one of the positions, but truly believed that us Coordinators were getting first "dibs", as someone put it. We then had to participate in an end of the year celebration picnic.
I met with a Small Business organization called Score on Wed. They actually told me that my coffee shop idea was not crazy!:) They were great! They gave me some contacts to help me get started, and we talked about the Franchise angle. There is a perfect Franchise out here that would work if the owner goes for my special tweak. I left there full of hope.
I wrote my Resume and filled out the Internal Transfer form and turned in the HR this week. My resume is now ready to upload into Monster.com, and to take with me to Sheridan, Wyo. and RC.
My Silpada Business is taking off this month! I had a great party on the 2nd, and several more to come.
I will be interviewing for one of the new positions I think on the 14th. This will prove to be the hardest day. It is said to be a grilling. Pray please. Pray that Ron doesn't push my buttons, that I can match his questions with strong answers. I really am ok with whatever the outcome is. I just don't want him to humiliate me further. He really is .....well lets just say he's a jerk.
As you can see, up and down. My roller coaster life........

4 comments:

cherk said...

I have been waiting for an update. Sounds like a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I think you have a great attitude though and are heading into this change with strength and alternate plans and goals. I am proud of you! Not much more I can say but thinking of you and sending supportive thoughts.

Chris said...

Thanks Cher! I need all the pos. thoughts I can get.

DeAnn said...

Life definitely has its ups and downs but your attitude keeps even the downs a little more up! I know everything will work out for you. After the downs are over, you can look back and see why what happened did and grow from that. Um yeah, I'm speaking from experience. By the way, I think the baptism pictures are awesome! What a great thing you did. Keep your head up and give up all your worries to the one who has total control. He knows what he's doing.

carey said...

i have a feeling God is nudging you toward something new. Stay positive and keep asking Him to be in control. Deann is right--a few years from now you will look back and see WHY this all happened and the good that came out of it...I promise.