Thursday, October 26, 2006

I wish I could take a picture of what is happening outside right now, but sadly I dropped my camera at the Bronco Game & now it won't take pictures. So, you are going to have to take my word for it! We, here in Colorado, are experiencing our first Blizzard of the season! It's been snowing pretty hard since about 3 am. Needless to say, I got my wish to stay home today! And, despite that I have recently trimmed my trees, I again have branches down on the ground!! But, I still have power, so that's good. It is really pretty outside with snow everywhere!! Well, like it or not here comes winter, and I am enjoying it all safe snuggly & warm in my house with my two poochies! Let's just pray that I get to stay home tomorrow also!:)

5 comments:

carey said...

now the true test of a new homeowner...how was shoveling off your very own driveway and your sidewalk and your steps? you need to make friends with the guy on your street who owns a SNOW BLOWER. take him cookies or something. :)

Susan said...

Hope that you dug yourself out. The kids saw Denver on the news this a.m. and said, "Why don't we live there? They have snow. Not fair."

I told them that I knew someone that lived there and was probably thinking that it was not fair that she had to shovel so much snow.

If you leave it, it will probably melt by tomorrow.

bobbione8y said...

oh yeah Chris...wait til the shoveling comes around all the time. last year i quit about mid winter. i considered not going outside, and figured nobody who couldn't make it thru a couple of feet of snow didn't need to come over. it kind of got melty and hard so at some point it was not moveable anyway!!!

luckily my mailman kept coming!!!

ha.

bobbi

Chris said...

Ha on Carey & Bobbi! I did exactly what Susan said. I live in Colorado, all you have to do is wait a day & the sun takes care of it for you! It all melted yesterday. Good thing cuz I don't own one of those shovel thingys yet. Need to go get one this weekend for the next time. :) I do have more fallin tree branches to deal with today though!

DeAnn said...

Ohhh, lucky you. Nothing like a good snowstorm, especially when you can't get into work and you have to snuggle up to stay warm. I love those kind of days! Think maybe it's headin' our way?!?! Happy winter,