Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ah jeez, I did it. I chopped my hair again. It has actually been several years since I have had short hair, but it is now probably shorter now than I have ever had it before! Yikes! I go between really liking it and wondering what was I thinking? I do think I like it, of course I liked it way more when my stylist styled it yesterday. When I did it today, it looked close to what she did, but not quite as good. Practice makes perfect, right? I still don't have my camera back, so no pic sorry! But I will upload one when I get it. So, for now I will try and describe it if I can. Like I said, it's short...a short bob sort-of. Karen, from the two pics I sent you, she said it is a cross between both pictures. It is shorter than the Sandra Bullock do, but longer than the shag cut. I have a lot of layers, but my hair is longer on the sides than it is in the back. I am trying to do it sorta messy, so up and down curls. My bangs will be growing out a little more, but right now they sweep to one side. So, now that I have made an attempt to describe it, let me ask all you women this: Why oh why must I feel that my hair makes me or breaks me? I still have the same face no matter what I do, but I always feel like if my hair doesn't look good, than I am not as attractive. I wish I didn't care so much, but sadly I do. It probably doesn't matter quite so much anymore since it really has been a long time since someone has hit on me. Ah those drunken college days, how I miss those times! Anyway, I can't help but feel that I lost some mojo along with my locks. Wait for the picture, my camera should be here by Tuesday. You be the judges!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, man! I want to see it SO BAD. I always like your hair, you just have a way with it. If hair equals mojo, then I'm in TROUBLE. I haven't had a good hairdresser since dear, dear Shelley in CoSp. Oh, how I miss that woman!

Chris said...

I wish you were here too, to tell me the truth about it. I go from loving it, to wondering if I need to grow it out just a little. Oh I don't know!

carey said...

Ditto. Get a picture posted!!! I am sure you look great, you always do. I have the same issues you do, don't worry. We girls like to hide behind our hair...I always feel more naked and exposed with it short. I bet it's nice to make a change. I really can't wait to see!!!

bobbione8y said...

yep. i agree that "hair makes the woman" in the world we live in. i stress on my hair, and my hair sucks now, and has always sucked!

i think we like our hair short and sassy and confident (i know i do) but we get afraid of being short and sassy and confident, so we are just in a conundrum all the time (hey, there's a good word)...

anyway, yes, POST A PIC!!

Karen said...

It's Tuesday, where's the pic??

Susan said...

Stromer,

Where is the photo? Are we going to have to send Carey to CO to help you with the digital camera???

DeAnn said...

Okay Chris...I finally got this darn laptop figured out so here I am...I want to see a picture too! I'm sure it looks just great. Post a picture soon!!

Karen said...

It's Friday, where is the pic?????? We're DYING here, help us out!

Chris said...

You and me both! I think my mom lost my camera!! I have been waiting and waiting. She said she sent it almost 2 weeks ago! I asked to go to the post office today and see if they can track it. I hope it isn't gone. Maybe I will have someone take a pic tonight if they remember their cameras. It's usually me who brings one to things! So, HOLD ON!!