Monday, July 09, 2007

Gramma



My mom and gramma left Saturday morning. we had a great time, but something odd started to take shape as a pattern, and I don't know what to think about it. My gramma has always been a talker, but I noticed that it is much more so. She talked constantly, and didn't seem to need anyone to join in the conversation with her. She was happiest when we were just nodding our heads to show we were listening. Then she started to retell stories over and over again as if this was the first time she told it. The next really bizarre thing is an incident during a day that my mom and I were suppose to buy some rose bushes for me and my brother. When we came back, we didn't get any roses cuz they didn't have the ones we wanted. Gramma asked me what kind of roses we got, and I told her we didn't get any. About an hour later, she asked me again what kind of roses we got, and I just looked at her like 'what's going on?' I told her again the story why we didn't have any. Gramma seemed confused but accepted what I said. I told mom about this, and she was alarmed too. Later that night, when I was inside, mom and gramma were talking outside and gramma asked mom again what kind of roses we got! This really scared me. She has always been so sharp even though she is 80 now, my gramma has always been in tune with what is going on around her. This really disturbed me greatly. Gramma may get under my skin quite often, but she is my gramma and she needs to always be around. I am hoping that it was just being tired from traveling and the heat. Say a prayer for my gramma.

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh Chris,

i will lift up your gramma and you in prayer, that you will hold fast to her and that she will hold fast to her memory.

that is a hard thing to deal with :(

Susan said...

Chris - I know exactly what you are going through. My grandma has been going through the same thing for the past 7 years. It is so tough. Be patient, I know it is hard.

I miss my grandma even though she is still here, she isn't the grandma I knew. Someday we will be together again and I look forward to our conversations.

Chris said...

Yeah, it was so unnerving to see this side of my gramma, because grampa has been like this for a while, but he is ninety! I just wasn't thinking it would start to happen to my gramma already. Weird that I say, 'already'. Thank you for your prayers.