Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Hard Day


I had a tough day yesterday. But not as bad as some. The first thing I did yesterday morning was go to a funeral for a 15 year old. He was the son of one of my Teacher Assistants. They don't know what caused Eric's body to shut down in the middle of the night, he just died in his sleep. The service was really beautiful. Lots of pictures of his short young life. Many of his classmates were there. He was a skateboarder, and all his friends signed a board and each of them past it around touching it before laying it on his casket. Everyone, including me who generally doesn't cry for things like funerals (you know things that matter), cried throughout the whole thing. The worst was watching his mother try to get through the service. She needed support to walk most of the time, which I can't blame her at all. I just can't wrap my brain around that kind of pain, and I think I never will. Rest in peace Eric, God has you now.

Then I came home to my house covered in puke and dog pee. One word....BUBBA! for those of you who don't know who Bubba is, he is a basset hound that I dog sit once in a while. I absolutely love Bubba, but man is he a pain in the butt! He should be house trained, but his owner put in a dog door a few months ago, and he seems to have forgotten he is house trained. I walked in and first saw pee on the dining room floor. Then more in the kitchen. More in the living room. Puke on my area rug by the door. Puke in the hall. PUKE ON MY BEDSPREAD! Puke on my bedroom floor, along with pee. And finally as a last shock, puke on the blanket that thankfully covers my couch when I am gone. Keep in mind that my mom & gramma are coming tonight, so I had a lot to get done t0 be ready. I didn't have time to take my bedspread to the laundry mat. I didn't have time to clean up puke and pee. Nor did I have time to clean it all up again this morning! Why is it that animals can't find the good places to do this like on the kitchen tile instead of on my good wood floors right in the floor board! Or puke not only on my big throw rug, but also right in the tassels! I know on the grand scheme of things, it could be worse, but man! Anyway, here's to a much better day. Hope all of you have a great 4th of July!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about that young boy! I seriously cannot imagine a greater pain. I will pray for his family.

On the Bubba note--I'm sure glad MY Bubba is potty trained!! Hee hee! He's sitting right next to me.

Bubba says--Hi. Hi. Giggle giggle. Big cheesy grin.

Chris said...

Hi Tanner! Can't wait to see you! And since you are potty trained, you will be allowed to stay in the house.