Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Meet Bigby.
Bigby is a foster dog hoping to learn how to be a good poochie for a good family to adopt him. But before that can happen, Bigby needs help. Bigby needs to learn dog manners when playing with other dogs. Bigby needs to learn trust in people. Bigby needs to learn how to be loved.

Meet Chris.

Chris is Bigby's new foster mom. This is something I have thought about doing for a long long time. Pretty much since I rescued Millie. Having Millie, and helping her get over a lot of pain in her little life has been so rewarding for me. I have learned that you don't give up, even when things get tough, and Millie was a challenge to say the least. But now, even with her few quirks she holds on to, she really is an amazing doggy! I want to do that for someone else, only I will be working out most of the bugs before his Forever Home gets him. This is my way of serving, of giving back. Giving back to a needy doggy, and hopefully to a deserving family who wants to open their heart to a special dog. Wish me luck, this won't easy, but I can hardly wait to get started!

7 comments:

carey said...

wow.i can still remember when you were a cat person. who woulda thought? i think that you are so good for doing this. it takes a lot of patience and love, and you have plenty. bigby is a lucky dog.

Chris said...

I am so excited! I know it won't be easy, Millie wasn't easy. But I just really feel led in this direction. I know it is weird that I am no longer a diehard cat person anymore, still have a soft spot though. God has really led me towards dogs for some reason. I think I have a learned a lot about myself by having dogs. We shall see where this takes me.

Karen said...

I have a feeling that you'll have plenty to blog about!!

bobbione8y said...

hi bigby.

i think you lucked out when you got chris to live with for awhile :)

Chris said...

Yeah Karen, you may be right!

cherk said...

Very cool, you will be great at this and doing something awesomse for Bigby and his future family

Chris said...

He will be here I think this week, I can't wait! I do hope this will help to change someones life, especially Bigby's.