Sunday, June 21, 2009



















The first pic is of Digby pre-surgery, all peppy attacking the lufa dog with gusto! Then there is the after pics of him and his cone-head. Man, that was a hard few days for him and for me. He was neutered last Friday. He came home very woozy. Often, he would take a few steps in a direction, then stop and stand in that spot forever. The second day was the worst, he was in a lot of pain whenever he moved, even with pain killers. The nights were worse than the day. He couldn't get comfortable, and whenever he would try to move or get up, he would scream...in the middle of the night, several times in the night. So, not much sleep for me all weekend. I was worried about him, because he didn't seem to be bouncing back as quickly as everyone was telling me male dogs do. What I didn't know is that since he is 2 years old and a small dog, things will feel worse for him. It took about 4 days until I finally saw some pep back in him. The first time I saw him jump around in excitement of seeing me, I could just feel my heart burst. How will I ever be able to give this dog up? He and I bonded even more through this. Taking naps together when he could get on the couch. Me rubbing his back at night to get him to finally lay down and attempt to sleep. He looks at me with these trusting brown eyes, and I love him.



















7 comments:

Karen said...

Aw, Chris. Just keep him, dammit. He's yours!

Chris said...

Do I just not say anything? Or risk them taking him away if I tell them I want to keep him. I really don't know they would actually try and take him away, just my wild imagination going crazy on me.

Karen said...

I think you have to say something. How long has he been with you? Don't you just get fired from getting another dog? Who cares about that? Digby is your boy.

bobbione8y said...

shhh. don't say a word. you might have to change your name, and his, but dang it, he's YOUR dog. giving him away is not an option any longer!!

ps. maybe they already know this :)

carey said...

you could change your names and move, let him grow his hair out.

after a few years, they'll stop looking for you.

by the way, sidney says digby is a wimp. she came home from getting her leg chopped off and wanted to play fetch. AND she ditched the cone in about 3 seconds. :)

Karen said...

Maaaybe that was their plan all along....

Chris said...

YOu guys crack me up! I like the disguise idea:)- And Carey, Syd is a champ of all dogs!!