Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's a sickness really. I buy cards with the best of intentions, but on the counter they sit. Of late, I have been so proud every time that I have actually bought the card a head of time! But on the counter it sits. They pile up, and pile up, and pile up. Once I wrote my mom a $500 check, put it in the card, put a stamp on it, and put it in my purse to take it to the post office. In my purse it stayed....and stayed. When I finally got it to the post office, I had to ask them to tape up the envelop because it was falling apart. Guess what came to ME in the mail almost a week and a half later? The check in a post office envelop. Mine was no where to be found. There was a note with it, "We found this in the pile of mail". A week after that they sent me the tattered pieces of envelop the check was suppose to be in, but no card. I still have not resent the check to mom. I spilled water on the cards, still didn't send them. Carey's B-day card is in this pile, so is E's. I even got a card that was so Bobbi, even though I don't know her birthday date. Why do I do this, someone tell me! Stop the sickness!!

3 comments:

cherk said...

Ok that is weird, but I love it!

bobbione8y said...

i love cards! just scan them and post them online :)) almost the same thing...he he.

Karen said...

No sympathy here. I have two birthday card for you (one I purchased in Germany), three birthday and two Father's Day cards for the Hub.

Maybe this sickness is attached to the tardy gene.