Sunday, October 03, 2010

More Rambles and musings


It is exactly a year ago today that I did this. It is interesting to me to go back and read that post, all the hope I had, and the feeling of not really having the sense that I belonged. I look at where I am a year later, and am amazed! I didn't lose my house, right now  I am sitting here looking around at my Halloween decorations I just found in a box and put up. My house us clean, for me:), and looking so warm and homey. My dogs are happy. I love my new job. I just love love being here. It was quite a journey I put myself on, but one I must have needed to be on to appreciate all that I have now. And one that brought me to my current job and new aspects to my life. I don't have near the amount of stress I had before. People don't tell me I look tired all the time anymore. I hear more that I look rested and happy. Gotta like that. I am not saying my job isn't stressful at times, it is. Last week a kid actually slapped me across the face! I have NEVER experienced that before. The kid doesn't have much language except what he repeats, so this was his way of telling me he was angry. What I love is figuring out what this kid needs and putting things in place to help the staff help him. The small victories are priceless for me. I am able to work more 1 on 1 with these kids, which teachers can't, so I can really make a difference.


Going to school, or really the homework part, is not going as great as I hoped. Mostly because I can't seem to find the time to sit down and work on my paper. Cher, I need some inspiration from someone who did this WITH kids and a husband! I keep finding something else to finish up, then before I know it it is already 8 or 9pm and I am tired. I just need to kick it in the arse I guess.


I am happy to say I love that it is fall. I am ready for the cooler temps., loving football, and am looking forward to the season changes. I just colored my hair to my fall dark blond and am ready to embrace my white-as-butt skin! Fall, bring it on!

4 comments:

Karen said...

White-as-butt skin! I think you just coined a new phrase!

I am so happy for you, but I am going to ground you if you don't get on that homework!!!

cherk said...

I love that you are loving this new perception you have of where you are at this moment and time. Let's see advice?? I ignored my kids and my husband most of the time. Practical advice-usually was one night a week I would stay at work and do homework so I wasn't tempted with the home stuff and then half a day on the weekend. I would get all my chores done, then do homework and promise myself no fun until some of it was done.

carey said...

i think you might have to do what i do for the jboys. set a timer. in your case, you sit your butt down to do homework and you don't do ANYTHING else until that timer goes off.

then you get a reward, like a good tv show or a cookie :)

i am proud of you. keep moving forward, keep thinking positive. keep embracing that butt white skin.

Chris said...

Pray for me tomorrow if you read this. I have a touch Autistic kid tomorrow. From the sounds of it, I have never delt with a kid like this before. Am feeling green all over again!

I am going to patton the "white-as-butt-skin phrase!