Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Sorry for the blurry picture here. I thought I would take a break from my dating saga (so-to-speak) to write about about my weight control venture. I really wanted to take a picture of what I am actually using, but I am lazy with my camera these days. Anyway my diet is the same thing I have done before, portion control!! I read in Shape Magazine that you can still lose weight by eating 4 meals a day (healthy of course!), instead of the popular small six meals a day. I have tried the 6 meals a day method before, but either I get too busy to remember to eat all six, or some of the meals get a little bigger than they are suppose to. I just can't eat all tiny meals, there has to be at least one meal that is a real meal!! So, anyway Shape said that, although watching your portion size is important (use small plates), having solid good-for-you meals plus one snack works to help lose weight that won't come back instantly because it is not a short term diet, it is how you should always eat. They say you can lose 10 pounds in a month. They had some great recipes too that I plan on trying.
   Of course, I have to get back on the exercise wagon! I am ashamed to say that I hadn't even walked a single dog for 2 weeks during Christmas, and before that exercise was sporadic at best during both Nov. & Dec.!! Not to mention all the yummy yummy crap I have been eating. So, no surprise to find that my muffin top is now out of control. I hate that feeling of flab flopping over your jeans, and the look of dimples that should not be there on the back of my legs. My butt doesn't seem to get big, but flattish instead. So my plan is to check out CD's to exercise to from the library, cuz I am too po to afford the gym. So every two weeks I check out either yoga or Pilate's or a mixture of both. I got a stretch band, and some hand weights. Doggies are getting out with me more, which is good for all of us! I am looking forward to warmer drier weather that I can start hiking more often in. I am feeling much better, but have a ways to go.
   I read that foods with High Fructose Corn Syrup is a no no. I was shocked, when I started looking at my food labels how much stuff has this in it! It's crazy. You have to be careful about Salsa that you buy (for example), get only natural/organic ingredients when buying salsa, or make you own. I started buying real peanut butter, that I am slowly getting use to. I find myself craving my Jiffy at times, but real is not too bad. I know the more I eat it, the better it will taste. I do love that I am more and more conscious of what is really good for me, which can be confusing at times. 
   Here's to a healthier me!  Happy New Year 2011!

3 comments:

Karen said...

It's that time, isn't it? I have been eating healthy this week, and forcing the fam to do the same. Exercise kind of sucks though, due to the back deal. I did promise Molly a walk today.

I'm glad for you! I know you'll do it! Walking around in jeans that are strangling me makes me so freaking crabby...like I need one more thing to do THAT. :-)

carey said...

good for you! we are all in the same "january resolution" mode. my new mode is more protein. and i signed up for a half marathon in june. you could always meet me in deadwood and give it a whirl :)

winter is hard, but just keep plugging away at it. i will try to do the same. sigh.

Chris said...

A week long migrain sorta defunked my fitness/diet progression. i ate and slept for about a week. But this is another week.