Sunday, July 31, 2011

I did it!!!!!



I am about to graduate! I can't believe it really, but I am. I get final grades on the 10th of August. My Comps. were already approved, so all I need is the diploma! My Masters Degree Diploma!! Me. I have a masters...me! It's been a long row for me.


Back when I was getting my undergrad degree, I did not think in my wildest of dreams that I would be getting a masters in anything. Besides not really believing in myself back then, I really didn't want to get my masters. I was burnt out on college as it was, we won't talk about that here;) But because of my new job's requirements I had to get my masters. Me and 'have to' don't always mix real well. As a result, I started stopped, started stopped, moved then started again. 12 short years later, here I am!


This past year has been long and hard at times, but now I can tell it is already worth it!True, I had to go back and finally finish my masters, but I was really ready. God gave me the job I didn't know I always wanted, and also gave me the discipline and perseverance I so lacked before to finish.

There were lots of road blocks. I shouldn't have been able to get back in my masters program and finish where I left off, it had been too long. There is a rule that you must start over if it has been more than five years. But I gave it to God, and he found a way. A professor became very ill and died before he was able to grade my work for the class. It was looking very much like I would have to retake that class, but once again God found a way. I forgot to get my application in for Comps. and graduation in on time, but once again God found a way! Now here I am.

Now that I have all this under my belt, I can't wait to see what kind of life God has in store for me now. I do know one thing, I may be able to read some blogs more often:)





6 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

You know, if you never read my blog, I won't mind. I am glad that you choose to share what is going on with you and how you overcome everything to thrive!

I am extremely happy that you have accomplished your goal. Sure, it took a winding way but that is not a bad thing. You didn't know how badly you wanted it but now that you HAVE it, of course it is worth it!!

Take care and be well!!

cherk said...

Whooohooo, it is a great feeling isn't it!

Chris said...

Yeah, it is really the best feeling! What i am looking forward the most is really enjoying my job this year. It is been a very long time since I could do that:) Big Mark, I have read some of you blog, quietly I have:)

Aspiring Farm Girl said...

I am so PROUD of you, Chris!!! I love that you have seen God's hand in guiding you this past year. What an incredible journey you have been on!!!
Congratulations, once again.:)

carey said...

yeah!!! i am proud of you, smart girl. what are you going to do with all this extra time?

Chris said...

Anything I darn-will want to!