Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hi!!

I know, where the heck have I been, busy that's where....or what...whatever! Anyway lots have been going on, and unfortunately I have only had time to blog in my head. So, unless you are gifted enough to be able to read my mind, you have no idea what has been happening in my Dog World. I will attempt to catch you up in short order:

  • Spring semester I was taking 2 classes while working full time. Don't mind telling you, I lost it a few times. But I came out of it with 2 good grades.
  • In April, my brother interviewed for a job in Denver, I think just to see what they would offer him. They wanted him badly so they made him an offer that he accepted!
  • Somewhere in the middle of all this, or before I can't remember, Allyson announced she was preggers! I now know it is a new nephew!:) She is due in October.
  • My grampa had a stroke that was a strong warning stroke. It was bad enough that he lost  speech for a time. Now he can talk pretty clear, but is having trouble getting all his thoughts out completely.
  • My mom came to visit in May! I was done with class and able to just enjoy some summer for a while. Mom really helped me get my house back in shape since I haven't had time to do anything inside or out. We had a great time together. It was hard when she had to leave.
  • Brook & fam. came out the same time mom did to check out where they are going to live, Castle Rock! Brook found a beautiful house to rent, and managed to get a great deal on it. Mom & I were able to spend sometime with them while they were here.
  • Just before mom was here, grampa fell while trying to get the cat outside & broke his arm. A major set back. He broke it in two places. The problem now was that he couldn't get up fast enough to make it to the bathroom partly because of the pain he was in. So, mom & siblings were taking shifts staying with him to help him to the bathroom. He became scared of the bathroom, because he was afraid of falling, creating a whole other problem. Big decisions had to be made. They also discovered that his hip was hurting him almost as bad as his arm. Gramma was having trouble managing him herself, and finding care at home was proving harder than anyone thought. 
  • After my brother got home, he went into a tail-spin about money. Childcare here is more expensive than they are use to. Allyson wasn't too excited about moving and was dragging her feet looking for a job. But when her mom told her she could transfer to Denver, Allyson became excited. She interviewed for a job, but was turned down. Still looking. 
  • Lots of drama was going on in my brother's house hold in the last month. Brook worrying about all the things he can't control, Allyson not telling Brook how she feels, and trying to find ways to stay and not move. Brook was suppose to move everything this weekend, but as of last Wed. they weren't coming anymore. Brook wasn't returning phone calls (for weeks!), so I also felt at a loss of control. I really had to lean on God during this time, sometimes not so successfully.
  • Grampa was taken to the VA Rehabilitation center. It was hard to get him there, he kept saying that he had a brain, and if he went there he would die. But they got him there, and he is doing better. They took care of his pneumonia, his hip was badly bruised, and he needed help with his arm. He is doing better now. They are trying to manage the bathroom thing so that he can eventually go home. He only has 30 days there, then he has to either go home or find a new place, which is really expensive. At least right now, he is ok.
  • Just when I was feeling the most down and hopeless about my little nephew coming here to live, God did his thing. I found out through my mom that they are coming after all. All I could do was cry. I wanted them here so badly! Brook and I still hadn't talked. I was starting to think he was mad at me, so I was pretty down about that. He & I finally talked last night, and we are ok. 
  • Somewhere in the middle of all this I started my class in Denver. I drive up to Denver twice a week, Tues. & Thurs.'s. I get home at 10:00 those nights. It is wiping me out! The class is accelerated, started June 7th, and ends July 7th with one project that is due July 31st. It feels like, and is, the whole semester is crammed into one month. The class is interesting though, Math & Literacy K-2nd grade. Whole new way of thinking for me, but I love what is happening in math & reading now.
  • This was suppose to be my last class, but true to form something has to go wrong! When I was applying for graduation, my class list showed that I missed a class that I had not finished previously. My advisor & myself had missed it. I have to track down the professor, who doesn't work for the University anymore, and find out what happened. Last year the class was listed twice, one with a grade and one as a W. The college was suppose to remove the W, but did the opposite I think. But we can't find who did it and where this occurred. Its a mess. I was afraid for my job, so this weekend has not been a good one. However, my boss doesn't think that my job will be affected, but I may have to retake this class, thus not graduating until Fall. Sucks, was so hoping to be done and having my life back. But as long as I have my job, I will just have to do it.
So, there you are, all caught up! My brother is set to move out here this coming Thur. night. Allyson will stay behind until either she gets a job or their house sells. But hopefully she will be here at least by the end of the summer. I can't wait to be a full time Auntie!!!!!

4 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Whoa! I am glad that your Gramps is going to be fine. The part where he reminds everyone that he still has a brain is familiar to me!

The deal with your brother seems complicated. Hope that his wife can find her way to making the best out of their move. The way you tell the story, I am wondering if some of their bickering did not involve you? Are you and your in-law on good terms?

Good on you for getting your classes in. The strain of commuting is bound to pay off. Hope you get those credits and can walk when you originally anticipated..!

cherk said...

I am sooooo glad to hear from you, it has been way to long. I am sorry to hear about all the family turmoil, keep hanging in there! Good luck with the class. Those short, fast ones are hard, but it is nice to have it over and done with!

Chris said...

Yeah,Big Mark, I did get a little caught up in it. I know better, but I wanted them to come here so bad that I just let myself get sucked in before I knew it. All is good now though.

Cher, you aren't kiddin! At least the work load is reasonable, you know if I don't keep procrastinating!

carey said...

yikes. all the more reason i need to pick up a phone and call you, right? i had no idea on about half this stuff. sigh. sorry, man. i hope things go smoothly and that allyson gets out there fast and likes it. families are complicated sometimes. thanks for updating us! love ya!