Monday, May 21, 2007

My perfect Day


I had the best day yesterday that I just have to share. I went to church, my new church, and was so great! There was a girl sitting by herself in front of me that introduced herself to me when we had the "greeting" time. Her name is Shana. She has been church hoping too, and seemed to like this church immediately like I did. I encouraged her to keep coming. We seemed to click, so I am hoping that she may be a future friend. At the end of the service, the church celebrated their one year anniversary. So, they had food & cake in the lobby. I decided that I was going to hang around. It helps that 2 of my teachers go to this church, so I knew that I would have someone to talk to. But at first, they weren't in the lobby. So, I got food, and prayed that someone cool would come over and talk to me, cuz you know I can't do that myself! Someone did, almost as soon as I prayed. This really cool blond greeter came over to me. She remembered me from a couple weeks ago, and started talking to me. She was really fun to talk to. She introduced me to several other people, that I talked to. And she said that she wants to start a Professional Women's Small Group soon, and wanted to keep me in mind for that! I talked to my teachers for a bit after that, met some other people, and really enjoyed myself. The consensus amongst new and regular church goers, was that this church is going places. There is such a genuine feeling here. I really believe it will explode soon. I feel fortunate to have found it so early. I think it will make it a lot easier for me to get myself embedded in the life. After church, I stopped at a neighborhood nail place and found myself getting a mani-peti before I knew it! I got my feet massaged, and was pampered. I decided to get a French Manicure/pedicure. It looks great. Maybe I will include a picture like Karen did when I get my camera back. I then went home and had lunch on my patio. My neighbor came over and handed me a beer! Very nice! After that it was to the dog park with the poochies. I even talked to a REALLY cute guy there! I managed to extend the conversation a lot longer than my norm, but Millie of course attempted to beat up his dog, so that was that. But MAN he was cute. I felt proud of myself that I made more of an effort. I hope he comes back. So, there you have it. A great day! Hope you all had a great weekend yourselves.

8 comments:

carey said...

Scha-wiiing. It does sound like a great great day. I love how God hands you one of those right when you need it. I missed you when I read this. Come visit!!

bobbione8y said...

oh. that DOES sound like a good day.

i just have to note that you misspelled "church hopping" and put "church hoping."

and you know, really, that IS a better phrase!!!! i am so glad you are feeling at home in your new church, i really believe God will use that to keep moving your life more and more in His direction!!

and cute guys don't hurt, either.

woo hoo!

Chris said...

Weird, that is funny I spelled Church hoping. Good catch Bobbi! I really was hoping for a great church. I miss you too Carey, want to come to my brother's wedding June 2nd??:)

Karen said...

Isn't it funny how when you get it 'right' with God, everything falls into place behind Him? I love that, love the story, and most of all love it when good things happen for you!

Karen said...

Do you have your laptop back?

Chris said...

Laptop, dead! I have to talk to India people know. God help me!

DeAnn said...

Great days=GOD! I loved reading your story, you sounded just so happy! Keep going to that church, it's calling your name! Here's to many more perfect days...

Chris said...

Thanks DeAnn, I really have a great feeling about this church. I'll keep you posted.