Saturday, August 18, 2007


Bubba
Some of you may recall that I wrote a story not long ago about Bubba. I think I wrote about him peeing in my house before my mom and gramma got here. Bubba can drive me crazy at times. He is always under your feet, I can't tell you all the times I have tripped over him! He has also never really been potty trained. But when he looks at you with his big brown eyes...well I melt. Rooby and Bubba have been in love, literally, since they met when he was a puppy. He has also been a guest at out house numerous times. Bubba is sick now. He is losing liver function. It came on suddenly in the last couple of days. He started bloating quite a lot, and his bones are severely showing. The vet has given Bubba a month at least to live. He is only three years old! Liz, his mommy, says that the vet thinks that he must have been eating food or treats that were under the recall. Liz has been careful to stay away from the recalled food, but she has a couple of neighbors who love to feed him over the fence. She is thinking that is how he got sick. Rooby and I went to go see him today, and he really looks terrible, but sweet as ever. We will keep stopping by until he passes. That will be a hard day. I really love that dog, he is one of my own.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I can't even imagine. My heart goes out to Liz.

Chris said...

I know. I am glad that, as long as he isn't in a lot of pain, that they get to have this time with him before hew goes.

bobbione8y said...

oh dang Chris.

i am so sorry.
yes, it is good he isn't in pain.

give him a couple of hugs for this pet lover, will you?

and Liz also.

carey said...

poor hound dog. i hate hearing things like this...

DeAnn said...

I have always said when my kids are grown and out of the house, I want a hound dog to sit on my lap. He is so cute and this is just so sad. I'll be thinking of Bubba and his family.

K~ said...

I am so sorry!! He looks so sweet. We think our dog is possily part basset. Best wishes and hang in there. K~