Saturday, August 04, 2007

Where in the world is Chris?


Some of you may be wondering that. I haven't been blogging much, and that includes reading every one's blogs. I have been so buried at work. This time of year is the worst for me, and it has been busy this summer, especially in the last few weeks. I'll break it down for ya. In May, we were told that there will be many changes that we would have to make sure happened because it is good for the agency. First, we were going to be changing our primary program model from Year Round to School Year. We still will have some YR's, but mostly SR. As you can imagine this effects staff paychecks. Then we were told that a number of our classroom sites were going to have to move for various reasons. We have to coordinate these moves plus license their new locations. THEN, we were told that we would be adding 7 brand new sites, each on a small budget including putting in new playgrounds, again we have to coordinate all this and license them. For the new sites, we have to order a complete classroom worth of materials. This normally takes $20,000, we were given $12,000. It is very difficult to order from scratch. You have to think of everything possible a classroom would need to meet all our Health, Fire, and Licensing requirements. I have been work on 3 moves, and licensing 3 different sites, one of which is brand new. So, the 7 new sites requires 3 staff each, so lots of hiring. This includes all the people who resigned. We do the hiring also. So, this is all bad enough. However, it is all coming to a head at the same time we have New Teacher training week, and then our annual CPCD College week when all staff comes back for more training. We do all the trainings for New Teacher, and two days worth during CPCD College. I have been spending so much time working on my classrooms, that yesterday and several nights this last week, were the only times I have had to prepare for training. I stayed at work last night until 7pm, and worked nights until 10pm, and I will be going in Sunday. So, I haven't had anytime to even read blogs! I am missing you all, and hope I can get life to slow down here soon, maybe the end of August, to be able to catch up with you all. Pray for me that I can get though this pace without cracking too much, I already have a few times! Here's to slower times.

2 comments:

Karen said...

You are a stud, Stromie. If you earned even half of what you're worth, you would be a millionaire. If you need a break, and have the time, give me a call. Our home and cell numbers are exactly the same as in Vegas.

carey said...

Wow, that stressed me out just reading it. I hope things do calm down soon, it's no fun working under pressure. We all miss you, too. Take care of yourself. No guilt about the blogs or keeping in touch. Everyone understands. Love ya.