Sunday, December 02, 2007

Another Church Story
I walked into church a little mad at myself for once again being late for the before church prayer and the divvying up of serving tasks.
I haven't made it once for this.
But, I am early for church when this happens, so that's good.
I was, however feeling like I am still looking in.
So, I made myself go stand by myself in the hall where everyone is coming in. Before I could get my prayer out to God, someone approached me.
This someone happened to be the Pastor's wife.
Instantly, she started taking me around and introducing me to several ladies in the church.
Before I knew it I was accepting all these invitations!
Some of which you will laugh at, like the crafty group I said I would be a part of:) Ha!
Why did I say yes to that?
I guess I just so badly want to get to know these people, I will almost say yes to anything.
I also found myself telling this nice lady that I will help her bake cookies to give out to the Mission.
I was invited to join a Women's group that meets once a month on Thursdays.
I think I am the most excited about this prospect.
They meet this Thursday night.
I was invited to a coffee thing tonight for new people at the Pastor's house, but I am not going to make it to this one sadly.
I think I overwhelmed myself today.
So, cookies, ladies and knitting (they're going to teach me) for now.
God is really moving.
I have never been to a church so welcoming before.
I love it!

4 comments:

DeAnn said...

oh yeah...god is good!

carey said...

will you knit me a mushroom hat?
:)

i'm proud of you...just be yourself and they will all be thanking God that they met YOU.

Chris said...

Carey, if I knit you a mushroom hat, you would have to wear it everyday! So there:)

Karen said...

I LOVE it when He moves for you!!!