Sunday, December 16, 2007

Is it weird that I cried when I put my new bed together? My first what I call, "grown-up" bed. I was sitting there looking at my headboard, and started crying. I realized at first that I was happy. Happy that I bought this beautiful bed on my own, happy that I put it together by myself, happy knowing that I worked hard to pay it off. So, I dried my tears and finished up. But before I knew it I was really crying. Crying because I was also sad. Sad because I put together my bed by myself, sad I made another significant purchase without my husband. I am glad that I had God to help me with the whole thing. He definitely helped me put it together, cuz if he wasn't I would have threw a few fits. I am also glad that he held my hand through my tears. And now I have a beautiful new "grown-up" bed.

8 comments:

Karen said...

I totally understand mixed emotions. Your husband is going to love love love that he has an independent, self-sufficient wife who thought ahead enough to get the bedroom ready for him. :-)

(I so badly want to say something about the kinky factor possibilities of that headboard, but I won't.)

bobbione8y said...

oh man. yes, that is my story too chris, you know that.

i love that you are going out there, living and doing and asking God to be your husband for now. He is so good at it, trust me, your expectations for a husband will be very different because of this time spent with Him.

yesterday, our pastor gave a sermon about asking for the BIG STUFF when we pray!

he gave the example of how his daughter used to save a toy catalogue and mark the pages. she marked alot of pages.

i think you need to keep a BIG list of the stuff that your husband will need to be. Handy with a screwdriver and an instruction sheet, perhaps?!

:)

Karen said...

I think you also need to ask for a neat freak like mine. It was wonderful beyond words to come home to a clean house!

Start that list, girl. Time's running short, and you want to make sure to get all the "features" you need/want in Trevor's Future Best Friend.

carey said...

add non-hunter to the list. can't tell you how gross it is to come home to a sink full of dead birds.

love the bed, buddy. it is beautiful. you really put that together yourself? i am so impressed!

and i am going to start praying HARD for that husband. i just know he's praying for you!

Chris said...

My list is written in my prayer book. I wrote it a while ago. I was really surprised at all that I had on it. Non of my past boyfriends could have met the mustard. I add to it everyonce in awhile, but it is pretty much complete, I think. Carey, the directions to the bed said it should take 20 minutes to put it together. 2 1/2 hours later, I was exhausted!;)

Chris said...

And Karen, about the minds think headboard....already thought it!:) Great minds.....

Karen said...

Ha! I figured!

Karen said...

See! I TOLD you he'll love that you planned ahead!!!!