Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Roller coaster pit stop





So, finally the story of the job saga. Fasten you seat belts, this could take awhile. I know I left off with my interview date. The interview itself went really well. From all accounts by my fellow coordinators, I was the only one that had them laughing. The others said that the panel wouldn't barely make eye contact, let alone crack a smile. I did luck out in the fact that Ron was not in the interview at all! That made me feel more confident right there. Everyone in the room likes me, except for John (not getting into that guy right now), but he doesn't have a say anyway:). I know I answered the questions well. The only thing I didn't know was what the behind the scenes plan was. Most of us felt that there was already a plan as to who they wanted and where they were going to put them before anyone interviewed. Turns out we were right. One of my colleagues was dealt a devastating blow. She was offered a teachers position, NOT ONE OF THE THREE we were interviewing for. She was told this is where she shines...as a teacher when she hasn't been in the classroom for 7 years! They did tell her that her work in the past year hasn't been great, but they had not written her up. Another colleague of mine was given a 10 month position. She can't afford that, so she is looking. She thinks they did that on purpose because they knew she couldn't stay with a pay cut. Another colleague, who had wanted the job I got, was given the Special Needs Coordinator position. She had not applied for that, so she was a little ticked that I got the job she wanted. So, right now the dust is slowly settling. The lady that got the teaching job is in Texas for a month. She will be one of my teachers in the fall. This will be hard, because I think my bosses are expecting her to not do well as a teacher, and that I will write her up for them. I will not do this lightly or alone, if that is what they are thinking. So far, things are going ok, but who knows what the fall will bring. I will have 14 classes under me. It will be a challenge. I am just happy to have a job right now.

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

whew. change is hard, isn't it? it is a good thing that God is NEVER changing and so willing to walk with us through the storm.

i'm glad He is right beside you as you go through this stuff, Chris.

Karen said...

The basement is always there for you!!

cherk said...

Well you made it through this phase, I know you will do the best you can and put all your heart into it. I am sorry I missed you when you were here!