Saturday, December 06, 2008

Carey's idea of praying in the car. Sorry Carey, had to do it!;)
Carey's wish for Christmas, not world peace....gumballs!

Out to dinner with the girls!


Closet Hockey Star!



Score! Carey, littlest J Boy, and friend.




Skating with the Grosdidiers!





Thanksgiving dinner contributions- who brought what I ask you?

I had such a great time in Montrose/Mitchell with Carey and fam. I can't thank her enough. It has been such a long time since Carey & have got together like this, it all was so familiar and fun.
Trip account:
Flying into the Sioux Falls airport I kept telling this teen girl from Spokane that she should wear her warm coat, hat & gloves pretty much the whole time she was there because it is sooooo cold here in SD. I myself was wearing a wool sweater, down vest, scarf, and winter boots on the plane in anticipation. Stepped outside of the airport to greet Carey, and discovered 50 degree sunny weather....doh! Full-frontal hugs, J Boys in the back playing gameboys.
Thanksgiving dinner with the Grosdidiers was fun. The "small gathering" consisted of 32 people! Lots of food, and drinks, had a great time taking in the family dynamics.
Tons of family and friends went skating at a rink that Jamie coaches at. He rented it out for all of us. I was reminded, though, this wasn't everyone! We had a great time goofing around. Some played hockey on one side, while the rest of us tried to hit pucks in a net goalied by littlest J. Big J organized the games for all of us to play later on. We played Sharks and Minnows, a tag-your-it game. I fell 3 times! Then we had relay races, old people against the young. We lost! My only regret is that Carey accidently deleted a really cute pic of her & I!
Saturday, Carey & I went to Sioux Falls. We met up with Bobbi, and prepared for an event Carey & Bobbi were putting on for a client. Went window shopping at some of the really cool new stores in Sioux Falls. Sioux Falls has changed quite a bit since I was last there. It feels like a mini Denver really. Carey, Bobbi & I had dinner at a great Italian place. A much needed girlfriend time for me! We talked quite awhile about our crazy lives.
Sunday was football day at Carey's house. It was so nice just hanging out by the fire. Little J telling me all the stats and repeating the plays from the computer as I watched the actual game on TV. Big J & Littlest J playing games on the floor. Carey putting up Christmas decor, and me laying under a blanket watch/sleeping during a really good game. It was so nice.
Carey caught me up on what has been going on with some of the people we went to college with, and we talked a lot about our own lives.
Things I was reminded of during this trip:
My best friends are going to always be there for me no matter what is going on in our lives. You guys are my family.
Everyone is experiencing ups and downs, that life, even if it appears to be so to me, is not perfect for anyone. We are all going through stuff, and we all have a lot of blessings too.
I had such a great time with you Carey, thank you! I love you!














7 comments:

Karen said...

I know I'm supposed to be moved by your comments about friends, but all I can think is FULL FRONTAL HUGS?????

cherk said...

Ha ha, I am SO GLAD you had a great time, you deserve it. And it sounds like the girl conversations is just what you needed.

Chris said...

Yeah, it really was. I crave that you know? When it doesn't happen for a long time, it really gets to me. I am happy I have more that to look forward to in RC!!
And.....oh Karen:)

carey said...

aw, chris. i'm so glad you had fun. i did, too. amazing how time can go by and it just feels like always. i love that.

and the praying picture has a funny story to it...i drive like this because the heater warms my hand up, it's a weird winter habit. chris actually thought i was praying and so she respectfully stopped talking...ha ha. it was the running joke of the weekend.

Chris said...

Oh, I knew you would have to tell the real story!:) Smootches & full-frontals!

bobbione8y said...

he he.

i have seen her hold up her hands to pray AND to keep them warm. not at the same time, tho :)

Karen said...

Ok, it's Sunday. Where's my post??