Friday, December 22, 2006

I can't keep up! I love every one's blogs so much but I can't seem to keep up with the stream of new posts! I get on one and discover that there are not just one or two to read but 7, and I want to read and respond to as many as possible, but by the time I get done with one blog, I don't have time to read anyone elses let alone write anything on my own. And speaking of my own, I feel that my life is so uninteresting most of the time, so I am struggling to find fun things to write about. You all write about everything from big events to mundane things, but make everything so enjoyable to read. Maybe I have writers block, maybe I just don't think I can spin the simple things into something worth reading about. Maybe I am feeling a tad bit negative today. I am just feeling two things today. 1. that I am missing out on so much cuz I can't seem to keep up with every one's blogs; and 2. my life can feel so like nothing sometimes, like I am not really living. Isn't that so dumb! Why do I feel like this sometimes. I really do try to be a positive person, and really most of the time I am, but I slip every so often. I really wish my life felt more significant. Like I have a real purpose. But truthfully, most of the time I feel like I am just here. Stupid right, when I have so many good things going for me right now. I also know that most everyone I know just wants me to knock it off and just be happy already. I feel like I shouldn't tell people things like this, like they just want to know the good things, but I don't know. I rambling now. I think I will stop writing now, and wait until I am feel like my more likable self before I write again. Sorry to be so negative today. Maybe I need more coffee.

6 comments:

bobbione8y said...

hi Chris :)

you know, the best way to blog is just to destress about it, and realize that there is no pressure whatsoever. write WHENEVER and WHATEVER you want!!

we read it because of who you are, and wanting to be a part of your life :))

hope you are having a happy christmas season!

bobbi

Chris said...

Thanks Bobbi. Sometimes I experience a little anxiety when I can't keep up with things, and I really haven't been able to read everyones. It really has snowballed for everyone, which is great, I just hate missing out. I was also having a prozac moment that morning I wrote that. I do definitely feel that way from time to time, especially around family. It felt good to get it out. I hope you have a great New Years, Bobbi!!

carey said...

hey buddy...part of the prob is your slow internet service. i couldn't keep up either if i had to wait for dial-up. give yourself a break. we all love you :)

Karen said...

Hey, I'm sitting at my parents', haven't slept in my own bed since the 19th, haven't seen my husband in 400 years, AND had a fight on the phone with him this morning. We ALL get down, I bet 50% of my blogs are downers, go back and count. I wish you didn't put so much pressure on yourself to be perfectly happy, friend. It's not going to happen on this earth, and your friends are here to help you through the ugly times. Lighten up and give yourself permission to WHINE every once in awhile. :-)

Chris said...

Thanks guys. I guess there is a very big part of me that worries that if I am not perfectly positive all the time, people won't want to be around me. Or maybe I am just worried I am my Gramma!;) Thank you all for being such great friends to me, I am so lucky to have you all. I love you! And yes, dial up sucks! I really wish I could get something better!!

Karen said...

I can confirm that you are NOT your grandmother. Also, you are NOT your mother. You are strong and brave and above all you are a woman of faith.