Friday, December 29, 2006

I can hear it even now...the squeakers! Now, don't laugh but every year since I got Rooby I have what I call "A Dogs Christmas". Yes, that's what I said. I put up stockings for my pets and fill them with all kinds of goodies. And this was Millie's very first Dogs Christmas. Let me walk you through our night last night. I usually pick a night sometime after I get back from South Dakota for Christmas. It was a perfect night because our 2nd Blizzard was going at full force outside, snowing pretty hard. I made some decaf coffee with Starbucks liquor, yum! Popped some popcorn, and made my dogs dinner. Their dinner is yummy canned food that they don't get on a daily basis since they eat dry food. So, I opened two cans of beef/chicken/liver and gravy. They flip for this stuff! After dinner then it's stocking time! I pulled out a toy each and let them go nuts. Just when they really start getting excited about that toy, I pull out more! Rooby loves Dog Christmas, she really loves toys. She runs from one toy to the next to the next squeaking away! Millie wasn't too sure at first, but she soon caught on. For about an hour or so after they got all their toys, all I heard was the squeaking of various toys. Music to my ears. PS: I couldn't post a picture cuz I left my camera in SD. Sheesh!

6 comments:

carey said...

awwwwww! sidney is deprived. santa only brought her one bag of "people crackers" and she had to share with her dog cousins. you are a great mommy!! how's that snow?

bobbione8y said...

you are a good mom. i did not get my cats anything for christmas!! except for beener's special food. and i did get siesta some cat toys, but that is because she is new to the house.

your dogs are lucky :))

Chris said...

The snow is finally melting! I was able to get out yesterday. I think south of me they are still having problems.

Jenny Stromer-Galley said...

I love the idea of Doggie Christmas. This was our first Christmas with dogs, and I could barely manage to get the people-presents, let alone doggie presents. But, I can imagine how delighted my beasts would be if we gave them stockings full of treats!

You're so good to those beasts.

Karen said...

Does $40 worth of treats from the foo-foo dog bakery count?? Even if we weren't here for Christmas?

Chris said...

Karen, of course that counts! I mean wow, $40 worth of treats is pretty impressive!! The presents and treats I got my dogs didn't even add up to be that much, so I would say that counts. And Jenny, your dogs really just want to be loved by you! But I do recommend a doggie Christmas next year, it is fun!