Sunday, December 17, 2006

This is a short tale of how I got my Christmas tree this year. A friend of mine from work decided that it would be much cheaper, and more fun to chop our own trees down this year. So, we packed up Liz's daughter, grabbed Yvonne, who wanted to come along for the ride, and we were off for Woodland Park. First, was a quick stop to Starbucks for some tummy warming refreshments. $20 later, that was just for me mind you, we were ready to get going. You should also know that it is only $10 for a permit to cut your tree. It was suppose to be a CHEAP tree trip, remember. Not when I needed coffee, water, a sandwich for later, and a Christmas Cranberry bar. The rest of this story I am going to mostly illustrate with pictures. I will say, this was a great experience and I would do it again. Ok minus the $20 Starbucks bill.



Here you see my little forest tree, just sitting there awaiting me. It was the second tree I laid eyes on and I knew this one was the one for me. Below, I am sawing away.....yes me, by myself. I cut down my very first Christmas Tree. The next step was for Liz to get her tree. So, as she went looking for her perfect tree, I had to take over pulling Nika on the sled. Poor girl, she didn't know what she was in for. This is Nika in the ditch. Not once but twice I did this to her. At least she was laughing. Anyway, we did have a great time and it was so beautiful up there. I highly recommend this way of getting your tree if you are able. Your kids would love it. Merry Christmas everyone.

5 comments:

Karen said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! This is the way we did it throughout my childhood. Fake trees are for suckers! As always, I'm so so proud of you, and I can't wait to see you in THREE SHORT DAYS!!

bobbione8y said...

oh man...

for any of us who get our christmas trees out of the BASEMENT every year, this blog is just a reminder of what we are missing!

i LOVE it chris...
b

carey said...

what? you mean not all christmas trees need to be dusted before they're put up every year?

Karen said...

And you say you're from South Dakota. Sheesh.

Chris said...

Yeah, sheesh!