Monday, February 19, 2007








It was Mardi gras time in Manitou Springs this weekend. I have never been to this before, but I have heard that it gets pretty crazy. They have a parade that anyone can be in as long as you are wearing the costume. A lot of people did! I missed the parade, but really had my own parade just walking from my very far away parking spot. I was surprised that it actually was such a big deal. I thought I would see a few people in costume, but really most people dressed up. I will try and post some of the pics if I can so you can get the idea. First of all, those of you from the Black Hills area, Manitou to me has a Sturgis vibe only with Mountain people as opposed to Biker people. I'm really not sure what is going on in this picture, but here is an example of some of the tamer costumes. The next pic below this one gets a little crazier. You can see the Dreadlocks band in the background that is apparently a local favorite. Seriously, I don't want to think what is growing in their hair! Some of them had dreads down past the middle of their backs. The last pic is the creepiest. Where in the world would you get a mask like that! I was surprised I didn't have nightmares after seeing that one!


3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, it looks like fun! The weather looks good, too. Martina and crew enjoyed a 75 degree day on Sat and actually got a little burned at E's soccer game. We hiked at Red Rock Canyon yesterday, which always makes me think of you...

Chris said...

Good! I'm happy to hear you had a nice time. I really think you needed that distraction. Ah Red Rock Canyon, besides PF Changs, that really was a highlight!

Karen said...

Come back and we'll do it again!