Sunday, February 25, 2007

This is my favorite place on earth! The Bear Creek Dog Park. You can't tell from this picture, but there is a trail that goes around in a large circle, with several paths in and around it. Along the west side of it is a creek that Rooby loves to bathe in! This place is great, because not only do your dogs get exercise, but you do as well. You aren't just standing there in a dirt pit watching your dogs having a great time. You get to walk too. We have a ritual out here, mostly because I really want my poochies to play with other dogs, and really all Rooby wants to do is chase a ball, and Millie still isn't sure what the deal is here. So, we walk around with no ball thrower in hopes that they will play with dogs. Well, usually it doesn't always go this way. Rooby gets busy trying to steal everyone else's balls, then growls at the dog she just stole the ball from. I am apologizing and trying to reassure the dog owner that Rooby isn't as ferocious as she looks. Mean while, Millie is attacking the dog that just wants it's ball back. I am running around trying to leash Millie before the owner has an aneurysm. Millie gets leashed for awhile as punishment, and we move on. Not much playing with other dogs takes place, just lots of sniffing. If a dog even tries to play with Rooby, Millie goes into protective mode and attacks the poor pooch who was just trying to have fun. Sheesh! Millie leashed again. Well, we do have fun though. They jump in the creek, Rooby lays in it, not caring that it's freezing! Then, once we have gone around one time, I go get the ball thrower, which sends Rooby right into ball mode. It does not matter what is going on around her, all she cares about is that ball. I throw it, and they are off like rockets. It is still amazing that Rooby, age 3, is so fast! Millie doesn't really get the concept of catching and retrieving the ball, she just wants to chase after Rooby. They really do have a blast...except when Millie has to be on her leash, which sadly happened a lot today. Oh well, what can ya do. The last pic is of Rooby and Millie coming back after Rooby caught the ball. Hope you all had great weekends!

5 comments:

carey said...

you sound like a very proud mommy ;)

Chris said...

Yes, yes I am. How was your trip? You are writing about it right? Can't wait.

Karen said...

Yes, it is a wonderful place! We have four dog parks within about three miles, but only standing standing standing for the dog parents. Maybe one day we'll get to take our pooches together!!

I hope your weekend turned out well, I have been thinking of you.

K~ said...

Hi, I am K~ a friend of Bobbi's. I have visited your sight before and I really like the dog stories. I, at the time, was not a dog owner, I am now. We have yet to take Bing to a dog park. He just took his first Puppy class, OF COURSE HE IS A GENIOUS!! Anyway, he is 4 months. He is named after the cherry, not Crosby. He is the cherry on the top of our family. I told the kids we could name the dog "Bing" or "Straw" - for the straw that broke the camels back. They chose Bing. So That is my story. Do you mind if I let my friend know about your blog. She is a dog LOVER and has an adorable nutty dog named harper. I think she would love to read your blog. She does not respond, but is a loyal reader. K~

Chris said...

K~ Sorry I haven't responded, I hope you see this. I am glad that I have people I don't know reading my little 'ol blog! Makes me feel good. So, please tell your friend to read it, and I hope you keep reading it to. I will have to check out your blogs as well. Good Luck with Bing! Love the name.