Sunday, April 15, 2007

We may have a winner!

I tried another new church today, and I actually came out with a smile. I went to Springs Calvary Church. It is fairly new, so therefore small, but the church has a comfy feeling about it. It has a small congregation, but with a nice variety of young and old. The only problem I could see right away is that it lacks in color diversity. But you can't win them all. The sermon was great. The pastor did a nice job of really diving deep into the background of the verse we were going over today. He made it very interesting and funny at the same time. They also have the contemporary live christian band that I love having in a church service. They have a ways to go as far as what they offer for small groups, but they do have an Adult Study that meets Wed. nights. I like that if they don't have anything specifically for singles, they also don't have a group just for marrieds. All Adults meet together. I like that fact that I could possibly get to know a variety of people. And bonus, I already know a few people there. One of my teachers, and a former teacher of mine go there with their husbands. So, I am thinking that I will return for awhile and see where this takes me.

4 comments:

Karen said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so happy for you!

Karen said...

Trevor wants to know if he can go to church with you on the 29th...

Chris said...

Sure! I think he will like this church too.

carey said...

that's great news, buddy. i'm glad you found a home.