Sunday, October 21, 2007

Baby steps towards a dream






After talking to my brother one morning this last week, my wheels started to turn. He really encouraged me to start the process towards my Coffee Shop dream. I have been basically "talking" about this with only a select few for a couple of years now. I mentioned to him that I need to look into taking some business classes, which he baulked at. There is help out there, I just need to find it. We talked about starting to write my Business Plan outline as a first step. All of my ideas are in my head swimming around. It is time to get them down on paper. So, I looked online for some help and found a great outline that tells you exactly what you need in the plan. I also found a Business Plan template, which I saved on my computer for later. I then looked on the BBB site, which had a couple of articles to help me go towards the right direction, I hope! One is Steps to Starting your own Business. The other is Looking for Sounds Financial Advice. The next order of business, once I start getting my ideas down in the outline, will be to go check out the competition. I will go to several coffee places and take notes of what I see that works, and what won't work for me. Mostly, I am just trying to not run away screaming. This is a scary idea. But I am only at the thinking stages right now. That's isn't scary, right?

7 comments:

carey said...

thinking is never scary. not thinking, now THAT'S scary :)

call me when you're ready to talk marketing. wheee!!!

Chris said...

You know I will!

DeAnn said...

I say go for it...dive in head first! That's what I did with my business 4 years ago and it's booming. It took a couple of years for my name to get out there but now, I get calls/emails everyday. I have never regreted it. So, just do it! i'll help ya as much as I can. Although I'm not a coffee drinker so no help with that one...i'm so excited for you!!!

Karen said...

Yippee!!! You know...there is no dog park here, and there are only two little coffee shops. And I bet land is waaaaay cheaper than in the Springs.

bobbione8y said...

i think it sounds like a God desire in your heart...i'll pray He opens the right doors at the right time for ya, chris...

plus, i'll come visit :)

Chris said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! Now if someone could just find me some extra money to fall back on, I would really appreciate it!:)

Jenny Stromer-Galley said...

Chris,

I love the idea! Go for it. You've got the smarts and the vision. Make it real.

Love ya.
~Jen