Monday, October 15, 2007


Ok seriously!
It is time for someone to tell me the truth. Am I destined to find a geeky guy? Are geeky guys what fit with me? Seriously! I really starting to get a complex and am strongly considering not letting anyone set me up again. Unless of course, judging from what I look like, that is the type of guy people think I belong with. It's really not that I think I belong with a hottie, but sheesh! I can't even really describe well the types of guys I have been set up with in the last year or so. So, please tell me so I can get over myself, ok? Is a guy with funny teeth, and odd shaped head, and nerdy quirks my type of guy? Or do you see me with a normal build type of guy that could hang with my friends. Or maybe just help out my self esteem and tell me the type of guy you see me with. I know I am asking right now for the superficial. I already know what I want on the inside. It's just the guys I have been set up with, including tonight, make Cody from high school look like a model. I am babbling now, I know sorry, bare with me. I am just starting to think that I am not all that pretty. You be the judge, you are my friends. I can take honesty from you. Lay it on me.

11 comments:

bobbione8y said...

remember brad who carey and i tried to set up with you so very long ago?

for so long, he would only go out with long, skinny blonde types (which is why we set him up with YOU) but then,

a funny thing happened.

he told me he realized that he was narrowing his options by having high expectations of what the person should look like on the OUTSIDE.

so, he gave up, and started to not care so much. he just tried to have a good time with whoever he went out with, and not worry so much about whether or not they were "the one" for life, but just let them be who they were. not a reflection of who HE was, but just who they were.

not long after, he met "the one."

who, btw, is absolutely gorgeous. inside AND out.


as are you :)

Karen said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!

And I dig your hair.

:-)

Chris said...

I knew writing this it would sound very much like I am only wanting the superficial thing, and that isn't the case, I swear. Believe me, even if the hottest dude in the world was interested in me, he HAS to have the right qualities or he isn't the dude. It's really just that I haven't felt beautiful in a long time. I haven't been out with a normal average guy in forever. I am just really missing that male attention, you know? And I guess when people were setting me up with these very odd men, I guess I just started to wonder. I already know God has my guy waiting for me. Does anyone remember when they had a long dry spell? It can feel like an eternity(spell?). I am happy for Brad, he's a good guy.

bobbione8y said...

LONG DRY SPELL?

Chris, i'm 45, and met phillip when i was 42, almost 43.


yikes.


i consider you WAY AHEAD of me on the man scale :)

but still, God had his timing, and i am happy He made me wait.


still praying for you :)

Chris said...

THanks Bobbi, you always give me great advise. I know I can be a whiner when it comes to this subject. I try so hard to think positive, but when I get thrown I have a hard time thinking about my glass being half full.

DeAnn said...

I haven't seen you in years, not even in pictures. So this post almost made me cry. You look so beautiful, just like you were in college. You haven't changed at all! Only gotten better, girl. I'm so glad I got to see this photo, it totally made it seem like all these years haven't passed between us. As far as my honesty goes, I wish I had your awesome features. BEAUTIFUL! :)

Chris said...

Thank you DeAnn, I miss you too! I miss all of you and I soooo wish we were all in the same twon again. All of my true great friends are far away, but that is also why I love our blogs. I really want to come your way sometime soon. Just need some money! But I think we are over due for a reunion. You guys have all made my heart feel better, thank you!

carey said...

what if people are setting you up with nerdy guys because the nerdy guys are looking for a hottie??

i bet when these guys see you they think they won the lottery. you look great, never better.

hang in there, buddy. and i promise if i ever meet a nice, cute, single man...i'll drag your butt up to south dakota for a weekend :)

Chris said...

That's a deal Carey! Thank you.

Jenny Stromer-Galley said...

Um, Chris, you were always prettier than me ;-), and you still are. Blonde and blue eyes. Come on. You've got it!

Love ya,
~Jen

Chris said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! With your long blond hair, long legs, and beautiful brown eyes? I doubt it! But thank you for the compliment anyway!:)