Sunday, October 07, 2007

My new Church



Well, today didn't go like I pictured it exactly,

but it was good just the same.

I made it to church 5 minutes later than I hoped,

despite Carey calling me this morning to make sure I was up.

Thanks Carey!

I missed the prayer portion and the divvying up of jobs.

5 minutes late!

These people don't waist anytime.

I guess I thought there was more to it because you have to be there a half an hour before the service starts.

So, hopefully lesson learn,

and I will try again.

What happened instead was,

I was standing in front of the coffee bar getting my cup filled.

A girl approached me that was in the members class with me.

We started talking.

She is very nice,

and she is a teacher also.

So, we have a lot in common.

We stood there for quite a while before going in to sit down.

Then, a man that was also in the members class with me,

came in and sat near me. He actually lived in Rapid City for the past 5 years,

but recently moved back to the Springs this year. He is not native to SD,

but we had something easy to talk about.

After church, I did not get to meet the people Pastor Pete wanted me to meet,

but instead talked for quite awhile with the guy from RC,

then I teacher that works for me who also goes to the church.

The girl I was talking to earlier also came back over.

I stayed after church for quite a while!

I usually leave immediately,

so it was really neat to stick around and actually talk to people.

Everyone I have met so far has been so genuinely nice and easy to talk to.

Is God looking out for me or what?!

To make things better,

it was also a communion Sunday.

I felt very much renewed in my faith,

and feel like I have been given a fresh new start.

I feel that this is only the beginning.

4 comments:

carey said...

i'm so proud of you. see? and next week will just be that much easier. i'm glad i got to talk to you this morning. hope it wasn't my fault you were late!

Chris said...

No. I am just so darn slow in the morning! I always think I am doing fine on time up until I am not. Happens all the time.

Karen said...

Yippee!!!!!

bobbione8y said...

new starts are good. guess that is why God invented them :)

congrats on yours, chris!