Thursday, November 15, 2007

Assignment #2



This last weekend, I decided to go check out a local Coffee shop in Old Colorado City, called My Daughter's Deli and Espresso Bar. I got myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and sat down to take notes. It was a quaint place, but a little too small and narrow for me. There is no outside seating, and the tables line up against one side of the place straight down to the other end. It felt a little like a cafeteria setting to me. It wasn't cozy. They did have a few antiques, and nice art from local artists. I was able to think of a lot of things that I would do better with my own place, and things I wouldn't do at all. So, it was a good first visit. I also got some tips from colleagues of mine about resources I could check out. Apparently, there is an organization that helps women get grants for new business set up. Definitely going to check that out. I haven't started writing out the business plan yet, but I would like to start it hopefully this weekend. Keep praying that doors open for me. As hard as I try, I can't seem to stop thinking about this dream of mine.

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

yeah!!

i think doing research on this, and keeping a little notebook of "yes, i like this" and "boy, i don't like that" is a great way to keep growing your dream.

btw, my journal entry for the house i hoped God would give me was EXACTLY what i ended up getting, so i think the Lord wants to give you those desires, and more :)

i am excited for your dream.

Chris said...

Me too! If I can only stop feeling more than a little freaked out about it, that would help:)