Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bling!
My new venture revealed.
I have decided to start selling Jewelry.
The company is called Silpada Designs.
Silpada Jewelry is awesome!
I say this, because I am truly hooked on it.
I love real Sterling Silver, and jewelry that lasts!
The idea is to set up home parties with hostess that are fun, relaxed, and with no pressure to buy anything.
Those who know me well, know that home show products are not my thing.
I don't love going to these so-called parties where you play games, listen to a sales pitch, then feel tremendous pressure to buy something before you leave.
Hate that!
I had two of my own parties as a hostess, and had so much fun and was able to get quite a few pieces for free!
The best part is that the people who came had fun too, and didn't have to worry about me or the Rep. pressuring them to buy.
My last party I had was the wine and appetizers party before Christmas.
People came, drank some wine, played with the jewelry, and had fun.
Only those who really wanted to buy something did.
There was no pitch, true to the Reps. word.
So anyway, I have been struggling financially since the dawn of time!
I'm tired of it.
I knew I needed to find something to help suppliment my income, but I really wanted to do something that was fun.
So, I decided to give this a try.
I have received my own Silpada Rep. number and website.
I'm getting business cards, and working on training right now.
This Saturday, I went to my first Silpada meeting with regional Reps.
Everyone was very nice and supportive of me getting started.
As a Rep., I can sell jewelry individually through the catalogue and my website.
I can have my own Open Houses, and help others host their own parties.
I love that it is a Girl's Night Out theme.
I can even travel, and do shows other places/states and be able to write most of the trip off!
You will have to check out my website once it is up.
I just created it, so it may be a couple days before it is officially up and running.
Here is the website address:
mysilpada.com/chris.stromer
I hope you check it out and see what you think.
I am excited, and can't wait until this starts getting off the ground.
Not much has happened yet.
Pray that I get some parties scheduled soon.
I really need this to work.

7 comments:

cherk said...

Congratulations in moving forward and stepping out of your comfort zone. I know you will be great at this, sounds like you are getting a good start!

carey said...

i bet if you held a party in south dakota you'd get some takers :)

i'm proud of you, i pray that through this you meet some great friends and find a rewarding second career. i've seen the jewelry, it is really pretty. congratulations!!

Karen said...

Yippee!!! Come to Alabama and I'll host a party!

DeAnn said...

Congrats, Chris! I think it sounds awesome for you. I have seen the jewelry too and it is very pretty. Now I will have someone to order through!

Chris said...

Thanks guys! I really needed to hear some words of support. So far, the only party I have booked is my own Open House. No one will commit to a party. I am worried. But things like how I can use this to glorify what God wants keep coming to my mind. I see so much opportunity here, and not just financial.

bobbione8y said...

i think the good part about this business, besides the fact that it will give you some experience with owning/running your own business, is the social aspect!

you can invite people over! talk to people! meet new people! just start where you are at, and see where God brings it!

ps. come to SF. i am a sucker for silpada :)

Chris said...

I definitely will plan some out-of-state trips as soon as I get on my feet. Who knows, maybe by this summer I could start doing that.