Sunday, February 17, 2008

Frustrated?
I don't know. In someways I am, and in other ways I am hopeful. I am working on getting my Silpada business up and running, but man it can be hard. I sorta hoped that it would just take off because I think it is fun, and other people should too. I can't believe all the people I run into that don't even want to listen to me when I am telling them there is no sales pitch and no pressure to buy. They don't believe me. Another friend from work actually said to me, " I am not a home party girl. I don't do things like Pampered Chef, for example." She said this to me...I'M NOT EITHER!" Still, she doesn't believe me that these parties are fun. Sometimes I don't know what to do. I refuse to start being pushy. I don't want to be that girl that people turn and go the other direction because they are afraid that I am going to hound them. This is what I have done so far:
* I have gotten the word out by email and by word of mouth.
* I have talked about how my co-workers can book a party and be able to get free jewelry at staff meetings (just a couple mtgs).
* I put flyers in people's cubbies at work, and catalogues in different department as well as mine.
*I set up a Silpada Bookings Calendar, which I keep in my office next to a catalogue.
* I wear the jewelry every chance I get.
* I then set a date for my Open House, which is Feb. 28th.
Still, no bookings. I have taken hints from my training CD's and look for opportunities to be excited about Silpada. Example, if someone compliments my necklace, I tell them where it is from and that I sell it now. If someone comments on the jewelry being a bit too expensive, I talk up the hosting a party thing and getting what you want for free, using my experiences as example. Still nothing. I do know there are people coming to my party, so I am really hoping they bring people outside the work crowd. I have offered tickets for door prizes for RSVP's that are coming, and more tickets if they bring friends. I went to the dollar store and got some really cute items that I will package up for the event. I also bought some things to spruce up my jewelry display that are so me. I
* I went to a dinner party last night, and brought along invitations to my party, which I handed out at the end. Of course, the group of ladies I invited from this party all work Thursday Nights, and one lady already buys Silpada from a friend of hers. Bummer.
* I handed out invitations to some ladies at church. They say they are going to come, but who knows.
* I have flyers to hand out in my neighborhood tomorrow.
So, this week, I am going to send out my reminders for my party, and start giving out tickets to those who are coming. And I guess we shall see. I will also include people who do not live in Colorado in being a part of things through email. So, as you can tell, I really am going for this, but am fighting feeling a little discouraged. My Sponsor says that this is the hardest part, but it will get easier. I am praying that it does.

9 comments:

carey said...

sounds like you are doing everything right. something made YOU want to go to a party and then host one, so just remember that there are people out there. i'll keep praying for you!

Chris said...

Thanks Carey! Are you taking today off?

cherk said...

Do not give up-no matter how frustrating. Starting anything new whether it be a diet plan, excercise, relationship-anything beyond our comfort zone can be discouraging. I agree with Carey you are doing everything right-remember somethings are beyond your control and you just do the best you can! On a tangent, people in the education profession are sometimes the hardest to "sell"-they are used to playing "poor" teacher:)

Chris said...

Yeah, that certainly is true about our nonprofit agency, but my sponsor says some of her best clients are teachers. I have met some of them, she is right. Thanks for the pep talk, Cher! You always know the right thing to say!!:)

bobbione8y said...

Chris, about the only thing i can say is, just remember that nobody knows the desires of your heart more than God does. it's possible even YOU don't know what you really want concerning this business! only in hindsight can we see things, and see how they directed us in life.

just rest and be assured that you are in God's hands, and that He will bring about the future of this endeavor for you. He knows you. He will help you :)

DeAnn said...

You are doing everything right and it will happen, just hang in there. Don't give up!

Susan said...

Chris - don't worry sometiimes these things take time, just keep doing what you are doing and it will all come together.

risa said...

Hi Chris! I have been a Silpada rep for 8 months. I work full-time during the day & Silpada on the side & Love it! There are ups & downs in every business. You are doing all of the right things! What works for me is that people can really see that I LOVE this jewelry & the business! If you are convinced then others will be too!
This will encourage you:

One of my good friends wouldn't even look at the catalog because of her strict budget. It took her a few months to soften up but she is now a Silpada Rep just like us! She found out she is allergic to Nickel & Silpada is the ONLY Jewelry she can wear that doesn't break her out! Pretty neat! Don't worry - people do come around - It's about timing for some. Just keep plugging along & you will be successful. Silpada provides ALL of the tools you need! This REALLY is the BEST company I have ever worked for! Keep up the good work!

Risa :-)

Chris said...

Risa! Nice to meet you! I have to say that I needed your words of encouragement today. I am getting ready for my Open House, and I am feeling overwhelmed. But I know I made the right decision to do this. I hope you keep up with me, I will have plenty of updates.