Sunday, April 13, 2008


My Millie
Millie bit the neighbor today. He was leaning up against the fence along his property, and Millie went for him. She always barks and looks ferocious whenever anyone gets near the fence, but I NEVER thought she would bite anyone! And this neighbor, of all neighbors, has been trying to make friends with her since I moved in. Lucky for us it WAS this neighbor and no one else. He is a very nice man who seems to understand dogs, and knows Millie just doesn't feel safe. Also thank goodness she only nicked him, no puncture wound. Also thank God, I just finished getting her shots up to date. I felt really bad though. I have heard of dogs getting labeled "Dangerous", and taken away from their owners, and worse.... Like I said, he was very cool about the whole thing, but I can't let this happen again. So, electric fence it is. When I get my tax check that will be the first thing I spend it on. I can't even think of the possibility of losing Millie. She really is a sweet dog. And the really weird thing is, if I let him in my fence while I am there, she will not hurt him, she would be nervous but would end up licking his hand. Oh Millie.....

3 comments:

cherk said...

Uh-oh, don't you hate when that happens. Maybe she was just having an off day or he smelled weird at the time:)

bobbione8y said...

oh man Chris, i know how scary that must have been.

thank you Lord for letting it be a nice person!

not fun to spend money on an electric fence, but you need to protect millie too...poor little scared girl.

Chris said...

I know, I hate that she still feels insecure. I am just hoping and praying they truly won't turn her in.