Sunday, July 20, 2008
































Yeah know, I wish I could figure out why I can't seem to line pictures straight down! Anyway, just wanted to show that I do have more than weeds in my flower beds. Most of my poor flowers are being over powered by tall mean greedy weeds as we speak. I did spend 3 hours in the blazing sun trying to weed and then lay down bark. I really did get a lot done, but it STILL doesn't seem that way considering how many flower beds I have. I may add pics of what I accomplished little later. I love my flowers, but why oh why do weeds need to be a part of things!

6 comments:

Karen said...

I wish we were closer, then you could borrow my slave labor for weeding!!

carey said...

cut yourself some slack, it looks great. did you know they make mulch that has weedkiller built into it? it's a little more spendy, but it rocks. i highly recommend it. home depot.

cherk said...

Don't knock yourself, yard work is not easy! I hate weeding to, only when I start to trip on them do I contemplate picking them:)

Chris said...

I wish I could afford the good mulch, but as it is I have to cut corners, that's why I get broken bags of whatever home depot has on mondays. I only paid $4 for 5 bags of mulch and bark. I didn't show you guys the miles of weeds left to pull. I do keep telling myself that it will get done in time. I am farther along than I was last summer. Maybe by my 3rd summer here the flower beds will be done!

DeAnn said...

I think it looks really pretty. I can't grow anything here...not much of a green thumb. Your hard work is showing, good job!

bobbione8y said...

Chris, i think it looks fab.

remember, you just take photos of the pretty stuff, and try to imagine that is all that is really there :))