Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shopping with Karen:)



Always an adventure, no matter where we have gone so far, but today's shopping trip was something else. Generally we had a great girl time, and came home exhausted from power walking from store to store. I had been dying to go into this store call Steve & Berry's because that is a good place to get the Bitten Line from Sarah Jessica Parker, so in we went. Karen had been back in the dressing room for quite sometime, and came back empty handed. Then she saw some cute shorts. She wanted to try them on, but didn't want to go back to the dressing room because, as she put it, a really mean guy there. We ran to a few of those mean people during my trip so far, but that is a story for another time. So, she announces, I am just going to try them on here, be my look out! We were in a corner of the store, and not many people were over there at the time, so I'm thinkin, alright! We stood behind a jewelry tower that was pretty wide, and I stood at the side to block people from view. We also looked around for any visible cameras, didn't see any. Karen whips her own shorts off, and tried on the first pair. Worked like a charm. Then she tried on another pair of shorts, but this time a worker was in the area. He was folding things on the opposite side of the jewelry rack, but was a little distance away. So, I really needed to be on my guard. I positioned myself both to shield and so that I could move quickly if he started to come this direction. My mind was racing, I need to think of a snappy question to deter his attention if he moves this way. Then suddenly he turned, and advanced in our direction, I'm thinkin Yikes! What do I ask?! Then just as suddenly he turned back around. I turned to Karen, who had successfully gotten her shorts back on. Disaster overted!

In the car, on our way home, Karen told me that she was wearing thongs!

5 comments:

carey said...

i am laughing at you two yahoos, wishing i was there. i'm glad you're having fun, and really hoping you aren't going to get arrested for indecent exposure.

have you had a beer for me yet?

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Yes, 2 actually! And a couple glasses of wine so far. Do wish you were here. Are you coming to the BH's?

cherk said...

That is too funny, I am waiting to hear the wrong airport story:)Same thing for me about the Black Hills trip. I am a "planner" so need to know who is coming and when and what is the best day to get together here at my house if it works and how many people:)

bobbione8y said...

thongs in public? you guys vacation way differently than me :)

however, i see the spontaneity of it all, and i like it!