Saturday, July 05, 2008

My post PMS Blog*

In light of all the "ridiculously blessed" blogs out there, I thought I would write one to. I wouldn't call myself "ridiculously blessed", but I would have to say I am blessed. I know I am. Even when I am down in the dumps, I know I am blessed. So, I am trying for a new attitude. I am going to share all the ways I am blessed, really to remind myself.
















There is my nut of a brother and his saint wife, Allyson. Just kidding Allyson, we love you. Allyson is such a great part of our family now. I am very thankful for the relationship I have with my brother now.










My mommy. Not sure what I would do with myself if I didn't have her. She was here in June for a few days, and it was so nice to just be together, plant stuff, and go shopping.


Great friends!!






A house with possibilities. I really need to past some updated house pics. I have done somethings to it since I moved in. I am lucky to own my own house.

And of course, my poochies. The little one is Dell, I'm dog sitting. Isn't she cute? I love when she comes over because I have an animal that can snuggle right up to me and not get too hot and have to move away after a couple minutes. So yeah, I know I am blessed.








































































































































































































8 comments:

DeAnn said...

It's hard to remember those blessings at times. We all forget. But I'm glad you are feeling better and I can see you smile from here. Being blessed is so much more than material things. I think that's why it's so easy to forget about our true blessings, because we can't physically see or touch them. But you are blessed. God doesn't want you to be unhappy. You are just in a chapter of your life that hasn't closed yet. There are many great chapters yet to come and this one will soon make sense.

Chris said...

Thank you so much for saying that DeAnn. It made me tear up. I need reminding that this too will pass, and that I will look back on these times and know why. I am very thankful to have friends like you! Just wish we could get together and have coffee on a regular basis!:)

cherk said...

I love the pics, hmmm not my best angle but an honor to be considered a great friend. I agree, WE all forget about the great blessings and things in our life we have been given and get bogged down with our thoughts and feelings-that is what makes us human. Think about how you ARE moving forward and not just standing still in the moments you have now-even if it just mentally moving forward and opening yourself to new experiences and new people.

K~ said...

That was a very nice post. I like seeing other peoples friends and family. It seems to make the world a little smaller. K~

Karen said...

Man, DeAnn said it all. You are in the middle of a chapter. I love who you are and who you are becoming. You, my friend, are the goods. :-)

You forgot to mention your upcoming trip to Virginia...I just.can't.wait!

carey said...

just catching up on blogs, and i love this post. i like stepping back and thinking about all the great things in my life, too. wish we were closer. i will try to make it out the hills if you go, so let me know the date!!

bobbione8y said...

oh, i love to see the blessings. the "middle of a chapter" is such a great way to look at things. you are surrounded by alot of love Chris, that is for sure.

i am glad to share with your experiences, and that we are getting to know each other in this strange blogger way :)

Chris said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I am really trying to be positive even when I don't feel that way. Cher, you are beautiful! k~, so glad you have been reading and commenting. I like your insight. Karen, I know, CAN'T WAIT!! Carey, I will be in the BH's Aug. 16th for my grampoops b-day. I have to go back to work that Monday or so. Let's see what we can work out!Bobbi, I am so glad to count you as one of my friends.:)