Saturday, July 19, 2008

I started golfing through work this year. Man am I rusty!! With golf, I have found, if you don't keep playing, you quickly lose skills. I discovered that a couple of ladies from work like to golf, but are as bad as I am, so when our fitness committee announced a golf challenge we jumped at the chance. Through work, we have two practice nights and then a Scramble in August. During the first practice, it was very evident that I need to hit the driving range more often. So, my work friend, Karen and her hubby met me at the driving range last Thur. night and we practiced. Her husband was great about giving us pointers without making us feel like inept girls. It was also evident that I need to ditch the rummage sale clubs and get a set built for a woman. I borrowed Karen's clubs for some swings, and was pleasantly surprised at the difference it made. Big 5, here I come! I am so glad to be golfing again, really helps me to be not so mental;).

9 comments:

cherk said...

You go girl! There is nothing like some sort of physical exercise to make you feel better and when you find one that you look forward to doing-even better.

Karen said...

Yippee!!! I'm so glad for you, even though there is no way Karen is as cool as me!

---Did you ask her to take a picture for your blog???

bobbione8y said...

you look good out there, even if you are rusty :)

Chris said...

Yeah I asked to take the pic, is that way too bloggery?;)

Karen said...

No, I do it all the time. In fact, my whole family is on to me. They'll always say, "are you going to post this on your blog?"

carey said...

cute, cute. look at you out there. golf has never been my sport, but if you learn how to play, maybe you can give me some tips!

DeAnn said...

How many pars did you get?! You look great!

Chris said...

I am working on par 3, I am not consistant or accurate, but am getting better everytime I practice. We played a par 3 course last night. I was getting a lot better, but still need much work. Luckily I am not the only one with my skill level.

DeAnn said...

That's the great thing about golf...it's always challenging.