Monday, January 19, 2009


facebook magic!

Facebook really has opened up a whole new world for me. Not only am I reconnecting with tons of past and present friends, but I am meeting a few new people too. It's ok that my facebook reunion in RC was a bust, I did get to see a couple people there that I haven't seen since high school, and get to know the faces I knew from a few others but really didn't know well. I have gotten several phone numbers from people in my past and from suggested friends too. I found one of my best guy friends from HS that I haven't talked to in 11 years. We didn't get to meet up over Christmas because of weather, but we have been playing phone tag ever since. One of Suree's friends, who lives here in the Springs, wants to get together and get to know each other. A friend of mine from college is now living in the Springs, her name is Rita, and I didn't know it before Fb. She also wants to get together. I reconnected with a guy, Eric, that I dated about three years ago, who is a Christian, and we have been doing things as friends for the last couple of weeks. But recently he told me he would like to date now. A friend in Denver is trying to set me up with a guy, Craig, who lives in Denver. He has called me twice now.

All of a sudden I am sort of getting a life, but my habit formed hermitism (my word) is a little hard to break, weird huh?! I have not called Jaleen, Suree's friend, or Rita yet. Jay, my long lost guy friend, called me a week-n-a-half ago, and I still have not called him back. I have yet to return Craig's calls. And even though I have been doing things with Eric, part of me wants to run away and stay warm and safe in my little house of a world. What is wrong with me???

12 comments:

Karen said...

I'm waiting for other people to comment before I open up my big, smart mouth.

:-)

So good to chat today, thanks. Am feeling better after a trip to the gym., not quite so ready to sell everyone down the river.

Chris said...

Good!

carey said...

alright, get off the couch and kick your butt out there. it's time. get out there, get social and BE the ball. er, have fun.

it's so much easier to stay in your safety zone, but do yourself a favor and get out of it.

now. off the computer, where people are harmless and into the world where they are REAL. go. do it. NOW.

Chris said...

Hee hee! Cawey, you so funny! I did call Jaleen, we are going to find sometime this week to have dinner. She seems nice. I went to Bible Study with Eric last night. So, baby steps but I am getting out there.

cherk said...

I want Karen to open up her big smart mouth:) I agree with Carey-you have made some contacts now go get em'. No pain no gain.

bobbione8y said...

i like facebook, but i think the prospect of dating from facebook would scare the bejeebers out of me. i'm pretty sure that people are different in person than online. i know I AM.

and be careful with the guy from before. i worry about him.

and what carey says. yes. good for you :)

DeAnn said...

So I may be a little late but...how are things going? Have you gotten out there yet? If not I think you should do it now while you can. Life is short, friend.

Karen said...

My big, smart mouth thinks that it's just like God to give you a flood of dude's to choose from. Don't forget there are at least two in VA for you to check out!!

Chris said...

Bobbi, what do you mean becareful of the guy before? I am curious. As far as the guy my friend wanted to set me up with from Fb, I think he gave up on me cuz it took me so long to call him back. I didn't get on the site to date, that is for sure. But who is to say how you are suppose to meet that one? My attitude about the fix up, was a blind date, ok we will see. As far as Eric, guy from before, we are getting to know each other as friends right now.

bobbione8y said...

oh, i don't know for sure, Chris. it just seems that "before" guys always come back later! most of the time they have not changed, but sometimes they have. even so, the reasons why it did not work the first time usually are still there. i kind of believe in moving forward with men, and not getting do overs, if it did not work out the first time ;)

that is just me, i'm sure you know what you are doing! friends is good :))

Chris said...

Thanks Bobbi, I value your opinion. I am the one that actually broke it off with Eric back then, mostly because I wasn't in a place that was ready to be treated well, or have be in a sort of serious relationship. It scared me, so there for I put my wall up and start to not treat him well. I broke it off when I did because he didn't do anything to deserve that from me. I really am not sre about anything with him. I know he is nice and that is all. We shall see.

cherk said...

Sooooo, how are things??