Friday, January 02, 2009


So, I am trying to teach myself how to cast on. My crafters group hasn't met in awhile, and I just feel like I need to start over yet again! I haven't finished anything yet folks! One of the craft ladies that was helping me learn mentioned that you can find a number of websites that have free instructional videos that help get you started, and then give instruction on more challenging projects you might want to try. So, since I don't have anyone right now to help me get started, I thought I would give the websites a try. This one seems great: KnittingHelp.com. She talks you through it slowly and repeats several times. I am still struggling, but it just could be that my mind takes longer to process things, I don't know. When I watch it, I think I can get it, it makes sense. But when I then try it out on my own, I still seem to be doing it wrong, and I don't know why. But anyway, I am going to keep taking cracks at it. Karen, try this out and see what you think. Or you might find a few other sites that work for you online. Happy knitting.....soon I hope!;)

10 comments:

Susan said...

I can't knit, would like to learn so admire you giving it a go. I will have to check out the website or...if you are ever here in MN my mom former home-ec teacher can give us a class, hint hint. She would love to teach us.

Happy knitting friend...

Chris said...

I would love that!! I really need someone to work with me in person. When I have that I can get it. I forget how to cast on every time!

cherk said...

ohhhh string and crafting-resembles sewing to me, I admire you for even just picking it up:)

bobbione8y said...

yeah. i have learned how to and forgot how to knit several times.

i'm now in the "forgot" stage :)

carey said...

chris, maybe try crocheting first. bobbi says it's way easier. and you can make me a mushroom hat.

Chris said...

No way! I really want to knit. I can't explain it, but when I actually get it, it can be pretty theraputic.

Karen said...

OK. I will try it tonight.


Does wine help with knitting skills??

Chris said...

Of course! Makes it less frustrating;)

Karen said...

Or maybe tonight.

:-)

Karen said...

Or tonight.

:-)