Saturday, January 10, 2009

Well.......Digby is back! Bad behaviors in his new home is bringing him back. Digby does need the people to establish dominance with him right away, and if you don't he takes over. These people are just too sweet, and really need a sweet docile dog I guess. They let him intimidate them with his old man growl, and then he ended up biting the man. They had him just a couple days, and hadn't gotten him into an obedience class yet, and they decided he was too much for them. I tried to talk to Amy, the mom, about how he tried that with me at first and what I did about it, but they has already made up their mind. He is coming back. I am about to go get him now. Maybe that is why I couldn't cry. Maybe God was telling me to wait cuz he'll be back. So, next steps for Digby are to enroll him in a class that specifically helps me to teach him that all humans are his boss. As much as I am happy to get him back, I don't want him to always get bounced around. He deserves a forever home dang it! He also needs someone who has experience with dogs, not first timers. I just keep thinking back when I first got Millie and how hard that first month was especially. Millie chewed up a door! Ripped up blinds, escaped from the back yard repeatedly. I cried a lot, but somehow I couldn't give up, and if I had, where would she be? I pray that his next family will have that kind of stamina I guess. Anyway, I am going to go pick up the little booger right now. So yeah me?

8 comments:

bobbione8y said...

hehehehehe.

that is all i can say right now chris :)

Chris said...

I know right?!

Karen said...

Holy crap! Did you get the canopy bed, too? Good grief, those people are sissies. What happens when one of their kids misbehaves, do they send them back, too?

I'll bet the girls were thrilled.

cherk said...

Uh-oh, Digby better straighten up. CAN you send kids back? I have one I could totally send back the last few nights.

Karen said...

Sorry, Cher. I already asked, and the answer is no.

Hey, what happened to the fancy new blog??

Chris said...

Karen, were you asking me or Cher about the fancy blog? And yeah, I thought they were sissies too. Sheesh! Oh well, he is happy to be back and the girls were really happy to see him too.

Karen said...

You. All your fancy stuff is gone.


And what about the canopy?? Did you get it?

Chris said...

No on the canopy, and yes the fancy is gone on my blog but I have my content!