Sunday, April 12, 2009










Don't ya just love this pic of Rooby?! We started our hiking challenge yesterday, and even though it was in the upper 30's and snowing big flakes, it was a pretty good hike over all. We went to the Garden of the Gods, rain or shine this place is beautiful. Will post more pics. I woke up at 5:30 am, thinking over & over in my head that I will get to take a nap later today (The nap was a total of 5 hours, seriously!). Picked up my friend Yvonne, and made it early for the hike. Yes, that is a feat! We hiked on some trails that I had not been on before, so that made the hike better. So, good start to the challenge! Unfortunately, I will be out of town next weekend at a conference, so I can't go to Waldo Canyon with the rest. Will have to do a make up hike somewhere else this week....if it ever stops snowing! I have lost 2 whole pounds so far, so I'm happy!! Have a great Easter everyone!




6 comments:

cherk said...

That is the cutest picture and that trail looks amazing. I think that is awesome that you are so close to such beautiful hiking areas.

Karen said...

That makes me so homesick!!!

Hub is talking CO retirement again...

bobbione8y said...

ruby looks like she had more fun than everybody else. that is her "i'm japanese" impersonation :))

Chris said...

Oh Karen stop teasing me!! JUST MOVE BACK!

Aspiring Farm Girl said...

Mostly I'm impressed at how early you got up!;)Looks like a fun hike! Congrats on your 2lb loss.

Chris said...

Thank you Kris! We'll see what happened this week, kinda fell off the wagon a little, and hike was canceled again.