Sunday, September 13, 2009

I said Good-bye to my church, I think, today. I didn't feel bad about leaving behind the creepy guy that asked me out last time, cuz he is still being weird and creepy. However, something slightly ironic did occur. A lady from church approached me and said that she and the paster's wife have been praying about starting a bible study for us single women. She said they were afraid that singles will end up leaving the church if they didn't do something. I know that is true. Unfortunately for me, I will most likely be gone when it starts, but I told her that it is a real need in our church, and I am so glad they are going to do this. So, I felt a little sad, but I don't think it is a "sign" to stay. The sermon seemed tailored made for me too. One very big phrase came out, "Do not be afraid of your enemies". One example he used is someone who wants to write a letter to the editor about something they find morally wrong, but are afraid of exposing themselves and leaving them open to back lash. I plan on writing a letter to our Board before I leave, but have been shying away from it slightly because of this reason. So, I guess I am still writing my letter. Paster also said, don't quit. I have put something in motion here. I know in my heart it is the right thing to do, but I have waves of emotion over it because I will be letting people down in a big way. I will miss what I love about Colorado, and even though I have been lonely here, I have a fear of what lies ahead. I want to trust with all my heart, so I have to reaffirm my trust several times a day. I still don't have a line on a job, but my sense is that I need to leave the first week of Oct. and the job will come. I will have paid my mortgage by then, and will be ok with that until Nov. So, this means I am putting in my resignation this week, most likely Friday. None f this feels good at all, but I know with every fiber of my being that this is what I am to do. Another point the paster talked about, be obedient. Ok Lord, you asked for it.

10 comments:

cherk said...

I know saying goodbye to your Colorado life will be hard, but I can tell by your words that you are ready for the next step in your life.

Chris said...

I am ready. I know I am in away morning(right spelling?) the life I thought I was going to have here. I had really high hopes for coming here. But I also know that there is so much at home that I left behind, that I didn't realize how much I loved, until I spent these years here. It is not going to be easy AT ALL, but I am ready:)

Karen said...

Shwew. I'm so excited for you! Call if you need to talk.

Chris said...

I do. I feel panic.

carey said...

chris, just keep praying. pray hard, and from the heart. God has it ALL under control. just when things look really desperate, the nuns won't like the jacuzzi. sometimes you need to just let go of control to realize that it's all going to be ok.

breathe.

and call me!!

Chris said...

Thanks Carey, I will call. It was great talking to you for a bit this weekend. I am going to need lots of pep talks, especially from someone who has been through this recently.
Karen- Thanks for slapping me arounf today, I needed it!

Karen said...

No problem, it's one of my favorite things to do!

Aspiring Farm Girl said...

The hardest thing to do in times of turmoil is to turn it all over to God- trusting Him to catch you "in case" you fall. Two weeks ago Ben, went through a similar decision process (job related) where he knew what God wanted him to do, but the intellectual in him kept questioning and thinking things didn't feel good. In reality it was his fear of the unknown. Sometimes our human nature gets in the way of something exciting God has planned for us. :)It really sounds to me as though you are on the right track. The other thing to remember is that if you aren't sure of where God is leading you and you need to make a choice, no matter what you decide- He will use it to His Glory!!!

Chris said...

Oh, thank you Kris. I think you are right, I have been letting my fear get in the way. And it is oh so hard for me to trust, but I have no choice here, wheels are in motion!

Anonymous said...

Chris,
wow! i have missed aLOT..

If God calls you, He equips you. It will be ok.
I'm praying for you: His Peace and His assurance through this transition. Hang in there.