Sunday, September 27, 2009

To keep myself from crying more, cuz it has been a cry fest complete with PMS to make it more interesting and fun, I am going to update you all with a brief list of happenings for each day of last week:

Monday- Drove to work in the morning, took a deep look at the mountains in front of me and started to cry. They really are the best part of my drive to work. Felt apprehensive about telling everyone the next day.

Tuesday- My bosses waited to the VERY end of our staff meeting to announce my news. I lost it, and so did most everyone else. I don't know why but that reaction surprised me.

Wednesday- I never realized in a million years that I would be someone who people really actually respected in my profession. Although good to realize this, it did make me wonder if I was doing the right thing. I am losing a professional job here, part of my identity. What am I crazy?! My Realtor came over to give me the contract. Looks like the best way to get out of my mortgage is to go into a Short-Sale. This means we set up the asking price low to move it, sucks.

Thursday- Was feeling pretty good today about my new prospects for my future. I really feel that I am suppose to be going in a new direction and all the pieces will fall into place. Then we offered one of my teachers my job. This person has always given me mixed feelings. I am worried that she could dismantle everything I have built up, and I think she could become our CEO's spy. That is a long story in itself. My boss wanted someone easier to train, and because she has knowledge of CPCD, classroom, and Literacy....not to mention she doesn't have to go through the hiring process, she is the one. I had to go a long with an outward positive attitude as to give her a fair shake, but it pisses me off too. Again, am I making the right decision?? People who heard about the move were less than enthusiastic. But it is what it is.

Friday- Exhaustion. I came home late, and was so tired all I could do was make dinner, pour a glass of wine and cry on the couch.

Saturday- My friend Yvonne came over to get me really started on the packing. I still only had 4 boxes packed plus several suitcases of clothes. Why is it I don't think I have anything to wear until I move!? Anyway, she helped me get my kitchen packed up, that was huge! Thank you Yvonne. She is the only one from work who actually followed through with her offer to help pack. My Realtor came by and put the sign up in the front lawn. That was a pause. Owning my house has been hard, but seeing that sign about killed me. This was my place, mine....

Sunday- Of course I am procrastinating with the packing!

8 comments:

carey said...

wow chris. i don't know what to say. i would be a mess too. i remember feeling a lot of this stuff when i left my professional job to go out on my own. very very scary. people thought i was nuts to give up my position and it was hard to be there while they were interviewing people for my job. looking back, i made the best move of my life. i pray and pray and pray that this is the best move of your life too.

is this weekend the big move?

Karen said...

Good words, Carey.

I can't WAIT to see what God is going to do!!!!!!!

bobbione8y said...

yep. just keep looking straight ahead, Chris. this is not easy, but you know you are doing what you needed to do.

no doubts! in Jesus' name...!

Anonymous said...

Oh Chris, I'm sorry you are sad today. Change is so hard, but take heart, this is just a transition. Here is the verse that I have on my fridge that was my crutch when we moved

"I know the plans I have for you..plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

I'll be praying :)

Chris said...

Thanks all. This week has had it sad times too, but today felt better. I am ready to get moving! Yes, this Saturday is the move. Thank you for the prayers!

Aspiring Farm Girl said...

So many emotions to deal with on top of trying to pack it all and move. Stay strong, lean on God, and you'll be onto the next leg of your journey before you know it. I am continually praying for you. Have a safe trip back to SD!:)

Karen said...

For the LOVE, will you post something??

Chris said...

Uh Karen, been a little busy and no internet access. I will have lots of time on my hands this weekend to post though.