Wednesday, February 02, 2011

For Bobby and Karen

My List for Qualities I would love to have in my Future Husband:
(As written in 1/21/07)
1. Loves God & is active in Relationship with him.
2. Sense of humor.
3. Intelligent but down to earth.
4. Able to listen & give.
5. Able to appreciate who I am on the inside & how far I have come.
6. Able to show feelings.
7. Strong in spirit & in body.
8. Able to take care of me, but also able to be taken care of.
9. Love for music- singing or playing.
10. Willing to be a partner.
11. Love for the outdoors- camping & hiking.
12. Good with money.
13. Has a good family-that will love me too.
14. Nonjudgmental & not prodigious.
15. Will love my faults too.
16. Will know my heart despite what I say.
17. Animal lover.
18. Doesn't mind cleaning or cooking also;)
19. Independent but committed to me.
20. Able to forgive.
21. Has no major addictions, but if he does has worked through them.

So, I have thought a lot about this, and it isn't the physical that I want. It is just easier to talk about physical characteristics. I have said that, there is a lot more I am looking for. I also have said that I typically don't fall for guys that are beautiful to look at, far from it usually. Just as a side note here too, I know it may be impossible to find someone with all these qualities, but hopefully he has the major ones.

6 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

I like your list... would have to change #1... but that is a personal quirk that is my unique issue...

But the list contains the elements of the kind of person you can grow with and grow within the relationship as well. (I know it doesn't make sense... sorry about it!)

I am going to copy the list and think about it for myself... good luck..!

carey said...

i hope you find him! i think you need to star the deal breakers.

cherk said...

I agree with Carey-deal breakers are a must, some of the other stuff comes with time

bobbione8y said...

my dealbreakers:

no current relationship with God (wishing doesn't count).

no sense of purpose besides making money and working all the time.

no people skills, esp. when they are people that don't personally benefit him.

sigh. yeah. i'm sure there must be ONE man like that, right?

Karen said...

"Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Matthew 19:26

So there. I am praying for THE WHOLE SHEBANG!!!!!

Aspiring Farm Girl said...

Good job, Chris! So proud of you for taking the time to create your list. I agree about the deal breakers. I will be praying for you and this list.