Monday, March 31, 2008




Spring Break at a close.
So, Spring Break is done, and I am back at work. Bummer! I had a really good week. I hiked 3 different days, shopped for some much needed Spring clothes therapy, and did a lot of Spring cleaning. The best was just hanging out out with the pooches.
I am going back to work with a new purpose though. I have decided that I need to find out once and for all if my coffee dream can be a reality. I knew before I left for Spring Break that I don't want to stay where I am at very much longer, and I STILL can't stop thinking about my dream. I need someone who knows to tell me I am full of it, or I need the doors to swing wide open. I have stepped up my plans, and went to the Chamber of Commerce last Friday. They gave me a number of a nonprofit organization that counsels people like me on whether I should really start my own business, and if so they help you get started and are there for you whenever you need it. My first task with them is to go to a Workshop April 17th. It's called, appropriately enough, "Should you start your own small business". I have been instructed to start writing my business plan draft using tools from their website. I am also looking into South Dakota & Wyoming as possible sites. So, please pray for me that I listen very closely to God. I really feel that he is leading me in this direction. Right? God?

8 comments:

carey said...

you are doing everything right. i can't wait to hear what they tell you on april 17.

we could really use a coffee shop in montrose...and we are talking about giving entrepreneurs some seed money to start new businesses.

it's just not a big "doggy" town. your only doggy customer would probably be sidney. but she would love it!

Chris said...

Can Sidney come often enough for me to make a comfortable living? If she likes coffee and doggy bisquits, I may be in business!

bobbione8y said...

okay. cute clothes/shoes.

second. agree with carey. sioux falls is a bustling marketplace. you'd have to put up with too dang much snow, but otherwise, it's good.

montrose? well. it's a fun place to visit, but i'm not sure i would love to live there :)) he he. sorry, my montrose friends.

Karen said...

THERE ARE NO DOG PARKS IN WOODBRIDGE, VIRGINIA!!!!! THERE ARE ALSO NO UNIQUE COFFEE SHOPS IN MY PART OF TOWN (one Starbucks and one Dunkin Donuts)!!

Chris said...

At LEAST you have a Starbucks! Man, can you imagine Duncun Donuts coffee all the time?!

Karen said...

Yeah, but after buying a house Dunkin Donuts might be all that I can afford. At least there is a Trader Joe's nearby.

DeAnn said...

Your outfit looks great and your walk looked just as good! Can't wait to hear more about your coffeehouse and what they tell you. I think it's an awesome adventure.

cherk said...

I am late posting, sorry. I am so excited for you and excited that you are excited. I think you are so much closer to your dream then you realize. Deciding to make the plunge/change is the battle from there the brain will figure a way.