Saturday, August 09, 2008

Work, work, work............................... That seems to be all I am doing at the moment. I haven't stopped, until today that is, since I got back from Virgina. Last weekend I worked the whole weekend, and have been at work late every night for the past 2 weeks. I haven't been getting home earlier that 7pm!! We are in the middle of getting everything ready for the new school year, and it has been non stop for all of us. I have had some time to sneak a few things in between. I participated in our works first Golf Challenge, and my team almost won! Which, heh, tells you something. I thought I took pics of that with my phone, but I guess I forgot to save them. The pictures at the bottom are of deer I have seen lately. We seem to have deer everywhere right now, and mountain lions, but thankfully I haven't seen any of those. The two pics through the window is of a deer I saw through my office window when a few of us were working late. I tried to stand on my desk and lift up the blinds to get a better pic, but he took off when I did that. But up until then, he seemed to just stare right into my soul. It was pretty cool. The other deer picture is from a place called El Pomar, a historic mansion that holds trainings for nonprofits. I was in a supervisors training all day, but at lunch we saw this momma deer and her two babies lounging under some cherry trees. Very cute. The phone couldn't zoom in very well. And of course, I had to share some pictures of my time in Virgina with Karen and fam.


























2 comments:

Karen said...

LOVE the new look!

Don't you just love El Pomar? I used to have meetings out there every week. It makes you feel so rich and sophisticated to be there. One of my former bosses (mean, mean woman) works out there now.

Chris said...

Yeah, I keep trying to imagine that it was my mansion. But really couldn't place myself there. It really is beautiful and peaceful.