Saturday, September 27, 2008


The Food Nazi told me we weren't allowed to go to Famous Daves, or any other chain restaurant.
So, I went on the search and found this great hole in the wall place very close to where I live. It is called The English Dockside Seafood & Grill. It won Colorado Springs Best Of three years in a row. Amazing shrimp at this place! My mouth is watering still! So, I had some good food, great company, and a night out! The only bummer is they do not serve wine. :( And who was my date, you ask?
My date was none other than my best friend's hubby, in town for work. Thank you Karen for sharing your best Dude with me for one evening. And thanks for forcing me to find such a great place. We were missing you though.

12 comments:

Karen said...

Well, of COURSE you missed me! Sheesh.

Did he tease you about the dentist??

Shrimp are gross, I can't believe you put those bottom-feeders in your mouth. Yuck.

Chris said...

No, he didn't say a word about the dentist. He did remind me that you hate shrimp:) He had fish-n-chips, which was also good. I think anything they make would be very good.

bobbione8y said...

oh fun!

glad you got out on the town with the Hub...i love girls who share their husbands with their single friends, that is so awesome karen.

carey said...

awww. that sounds fun. so do shrimp...yummmy. karen you don't know what you're missing.

bobbione8y said...

kind of like you don't know what you are missing by not eating tuna, care....:)

Chris said...

LOL!!!!!

Karen said...

I would rather bite into a LIVE tuna fish than even smell those nasty shimp.

Chris said...

Karen, live tuna is really like Sushi. Still want to bite into one?

Karen said...

Yes. With the skin on and everything. I hate shrimp THAT MUCH.

:-)

DeAnn said...

Now that sounds like a great night out. I love shrimp...take me there when I get to Colorado!

Chris said...

Anytime DeAnn!! That would be so much fun!

Karen said...

Post something else so I don't have to look at that stupid shrimp anymore!!!!!