Sunday, September 14, 2008

My coffee dream.

Ok, I get terrified just thinking about the whole thing, which I think about quite a lot. Now that work has slowed down somewhat, I have more time to think. And more time to fight against the urge. I couple weeks ago, I saw a house for sale that was almost perfect. It is an old house, cute, lots of charm. It has a decent size front yard, big enough for my tables and chairs patio idea. The backyard could be bigger, but could fit a very small play area with tables all around it. Three nice rooms inside for tables etc. The kitchen would need a lot of work to turn it into a coffee place. The foundation is bad, but since I'm just dreaming, it doesn't matter. I talked to the owner, he was willing to rent it to me for cheaper than my mortgage, he said he would also work with me on the down payment. The house is already zoned as a business. So, my mind starts turning again. Of course I am MILES from being able to do anything. But I kept feeling this sense of terror! I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS BY MYSELF! I don't know how to start/run a business, why can't I let this drop?? I have always wanted a safe secure life..... Sigh. You'd think this would just die off, but not so far. Maybe I just like having a dream. Maybe I'm not suppose to do anything with this dream except dream. I don't know. I don't know.

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh my gosh, Chris!

i want to see the house. i want to see what your dream looks like!

would you live in the house in the meantime? or upstairs?

oh. i know how you must feel overwhelmed. but you are not alone, just know that. when i started out by myself, i felt like i was all by myself, but looking back i see it wasn't even close to that.

keep us posted. will pray for a clear vision in your head, and wisdom from God on how to make your dream come true, if it's His dream for you as well.

it is kind of exciting though, right?

Chris said...

In that particular house the upstairs is a little tight in space. You would make for a great storeroom and office though. I think it would be smart for me to live in the place, but you know...my house.:/

Karen said...

Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh.

I don't think God has given you this dream for nothing, and if it's HIS dream for you, He will make it happen. Pray, pray, pray.

carey said...

yes, can you take a picture of the house for us?

i do know one thing--if you ever do decide to move forward on The Dream, i know a really good graphic designer who could make you look better than caribou.