Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm sorry for the last post.
I think I am grieving the loss of what I wanted.
I am trying to look at it like I am laying down myself once and for all.
I am not saying I am going to curl up in a ball and stay there.
Not saying that.
I am just surrendering:
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
I will be joyful in God my savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
Habakkuk 3:17-19
pray

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Chris. I wish I was there right now. I don't know what God is doing, but I do know that He is GOOD. I know that He loves you and that He bought you with price, that He chose you before He laid the foundation of the earth, and that He has a plan for your life.

I am praying.

bobbione8y said...

i think you said it right - grieving the loss of what you wanted.

i do believe God is leading you through a period of surrender. surrendering what you want to Him, even the hurtful stuff. especially the hurtful stuff.

my heart hurts Chris. i am sorry and i do understand. i think dating christian men is MORE hard and awful! the dates i went on with christian men were excruciating! i had expectations that they were some gift from God, and most of them were just ... people.

one guy especially reminds me of your story. after a couple of on/off months of dating, he exited. i cried and cried and cried. when i prayed about it with a friend, she got a funny look on her face and said "i think i heard the Lord say "it's a bump in the road."

at the time, i thought that was such a heartless thing to say.

NOW i see that it was Truth. i know that as painful as your "dates" lately have been, they are bumps in the road to something much much better.

i hope that your road today is filled with joy and peace. know that we all love ya, and see the real you, and wish we could be there to talk about the hard stuff in person.

carey said...

What are you doing Thanksgiving weekend????

I have an idea...

Chris said...

Words can't express how awesome my true friends are! You all are amazing women, and if I didn't have you all, I may be in the looney bin right now. I love you all.