Sunday, May 17, 2009

I am feeling a little discouraged lately. Ok, a lot discouraged. I am trying not to but I can't help it. I skipped church today because I just get so tired of sitting there by myself. As hard as I have tried, I can't seem to get myself connected there. I think it may be time to move on. I hate saying that, but I just feel so stagnate there. I love the feel of the church, and I really like the sermons, but I am lonely. I will not blame this all on the church people, it has to be me and my inept social skills. But I have tried. My social life stinks. I don't initiate calls to potential friends like I should because.......I DON'T KNOW! Of course I am terrible about calling my existing friends, sorry Carey. I keep praying for friends here, but can only find the energy to do my part once in a while. Dating continues to be depressing. I have worked long and hard on myself to be the kind of person a great guy would want to be with, but all I keep meeting are men who have more unchecked baggage that I ever even thought of having in my past. Seriously, this is what is out there girls, hold your hubbies tight will ya. And please don't tell me that I am suppose to wait for God to bring a guy to me, I am very much aware of that, and I trust that God is not going to let me be with someone I shouldn't be. I also know that God is not going to send the dude up to my door at home and knock on it, ok? I can't just sit around at home and wait. I hate feeling like this. I really want to hang on to the hope that my life will start one of these days, it just always feels like it is on the verge of starting. Ok, I am done with my rant. Thanks for listening my friends.

9 comments:

Karen said...

It sounds like you had the weekend I had last week...

I'm praying for you today, and wishing I was there to take you out for coffee. Um, or a margarita.

bobbione8y said...

I have been going thru some similar feelings with my church Chris. i'm just not that into them :) ha.

i am wondering about the discontent. i am lucky cause i DO have "church" because of my monday night group, which really is all i feel i need.

i was talking to carey about it today at lunch, and wondering if God wants me to "do church" out in the world more, and not just find a content happy little place that i don't leave. because when i'm content, i don't tend to stretch out to others as much.

sigh. it is not very fun. but i will pray for you too, if you'll pray for me. we are going to be okay!

Chris said...

I'm prayin Bobbi. Thanks both of you.

carey said...

i think God maybe wants us all to stop thinking we will "find" him at church and to start seeing him everywhere. like when you go hiking or you play with your dogs or visit your new nephew. God doesn't want to be in a box. church is great, but it's not God. don't beat yourself up if you don't feel happy there, go find him and talk to him in the places that make you feel good. and don't worry about working so hard to make yourself "right" for someone else. make yourself "right" for yourself, and you will be a lot more comfortable. just let yourself BE. and i will pray that God opens your eyes to how wonderful you are.

Chris said...

Oh, smootches to you my little Carey! Thank you.

cherk said...

I am sorry you are discouraged, it HAPPENS to all of us. I don't think there is much I can say that all of these other great friends have said, other than you are a beautiful person inside and out

DeAnn said...

I agree. I seem to "find" God in a lot of places other than church. I love my church but I can get easily distracted there. The time when I really see God is when I'm running. I actually talk to him. I look in the sky and just see him. I guess that's why I have to run everyday...because if I don't, I feel like I'm missing something. Other than burning a few calories! He shows himself all around us. Carey's right...church is good but it's not the only place where God wants us to "find" him. i'll pray for you, Chris.

Karen said...

Carey? Carey??? When did you get so darn wise?

bobbione8y said...

when God got ahold of her, Karen, that's when...:) thinking of you and hoping you have a great weekend with family, Chris.